WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My husband AKA canning fool... canned peaches today. They were on special for .75 a pound at one of the grocery stores around here. :celebrate

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Right now in processing we have:

7 Pints of Tomatoes
1 Pint of Tomato Juice
1 Half-Pint of Tomato Juice

Not a lot but it sure will help grocery bills!

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Right now in processing we have:

7 Pints of Tomatoes
1 Pint of Tomato Juice
1 Half-Pint of Tomato Juice

Not a lot but it sure will help grocery bills!
I wish I had tomatoes to can. I have one plant covered with little green maters and the other plant is dropping all the blossoms.

Justme

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well today I am only reprocessing a few that didn't seal. I haven't had this happen in a long time must have been asleep when I tightened the rings yesterday. But yesterday's haul was 28 pints f tomatoe sauce and 8 quarts of juice. And I dehydrated one quart.

Terri, wish I could send you a few cause I picked another little over a half a bushel of tomatoes today again. Got the dehydrator full again and will do something with the rest sometime this weekend.

Anybody have suggestions? So far I have salsa, stewed tomatoes, paste, sauce and juice. Still have some tomatoe jelly,jam and marmalade left over from last year.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Justme said:
Well today I am only reprocessing a few that didn't seal. I haven't had this happen in a long time must have been asleep when I tightened the rings yesterday. But yesterday's haul was 28 pints f tomatoe sauce and 8 quarts of juice. And I dehydrated one quart.

Terri, wish I could send you a few cause I picked another little over a half a bushel of tomatoes today again. Got the dehydrator full again and will do something with the rest sometime this weekend.

Anybody have suggestions? So far I have salsa, stewed tomatoes, paste, sauce and juice. Still have some tomatoe jelly,jam and marmalade left over from last year.
Mail em! How about condiments. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, pizza sauce......

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I am canning for the first time tomorrow!!! :weee
just tomatoes, but it will be the first thing I get to do! I'm so excited!!! Will let everyone know how it turns out!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just put some chili to process. I'm doing it @ 10LBs for a ridiculous amt of time according to Stocking Up for beef canning. But I have a problem that I completely forgot about. My older pressure cooker is much older than the one DH gave me a few years back....it belonged to my grandmother. Well, I don't think the seal is very dependable, so even though I'm using it for the pint's, I am not sure if I will really have the amt of pressure I need. Granted, its not just beef I'm processing. There is salt and other seasonings and then a good amt of tomatoe product, so I'm hoping that allows me some acid to keep things safe. But I think I won't let the pints get very old at all.
Now the quarts shouldn't be a problem. That seal is well intact.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
For those who are tired of doing the tomatoes up, freeze them whole and can them later!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
I am canning for the first time tomorrow!!! :weee
just tomatoes, but it will be the first thing I get to do! I'm so excited!!! Will let everyone know how it turns out!
:clap :clap :thumbsup

Latest posts