WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221103-081029_Facebook.jpg

tripletfeb

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made and canned applesauce from a bushel of apples. Was gonna dehydrate some but I'm the only one that likes them that way. Butchered a rooster two weeks ago and saved the feet, wing tips, and bones to make stock. Have never done it before but that and scrap veggies are waiting in the freezer for me. Scared the crap out of myself when I opened the freezer the other day and the chicken feet were in my eyeline!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got the remains of the Filipina pig crockpotted over five days. All the bones, skin and leftovers (after I picked off the large pieces of meat for us) were smooshed together and went into zip bags for the chickens for extra protein this winter. All but the teeth were used. Here are my five golden brown elixer of goodness. (I wasn't heavy handed on the water when crockpotting)
lJYbCaI.jpg

xj5FFVQ.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got the remains of the Filipina pig crockpotted over five days. All the bones, skin and leftovers (after I picked off the large pieces of meat for us) were smooshed together and went into zip bags for the chickens for extra protein this winter. All but the teeth were used. Here are my five golden brown elixer of goodness. (I wasn't heavy handed on the water when crockpotting)
lJYbCaI.jpg

xj5FFVQ.jpg
gorgeous! I bet that will be delicious too!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My PSA for today.

I do resets at stores, one chain being Dollar General. So I head in to first store and see a table of stuff marked 90% off.....see a couple boxes of canning rings & lids. Take to counter & check...yes, it's correct! So I bought all three plus a box of just lids that were there. 3x$.40, 1x$.29. 😁. Talked with mgr and she says it was directed by corp to clear. Next store, 15 more boxes! $6.36 with tax.

Couldn't get anyone to check if any jars were discounted...will find out tomorrow. If so, I'm buying!!

Sooooo.....if this chain near you....buy cheaply. They're golden harvest & true living.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My PSA for today.

I do resets at stores, one chain being Dollar General. So I head in to first store and see a table of stuff marked 90% off.....see a couple boxes of canning rings & lids. Take to counter & check...yes, it's correct! So I bought all three plus a box of just lids that were there. 3x$.40, 1x$.29. 😁. Talked with mgr and she says it was directed by corp to clear. Next store, 15 more boxes! $6.36 with tax.

Couldn't get anyone to check if any jars were discounted...will find out tomorrow. If so, I'm buying!!

Sooooo.....if this chain near you....buy cheaply. They're golden harvest & true living.
But is there any Halloween candy left? 😀

Latest posts