WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have canner full of kidney beans, another canner of jars waiting.....and gonna clean this dz ears of corn to jar up. Won't be canner full, so I'll get some jars of great northerns ready to fill it...time for both is the same. That's gonna be pretty much it for me today. Might get a dehydrator full of apple slices going. Trying to put the food into storable status. Don't want any wasted. :old. I work all next week.

Still have several pounds of blueberries frozen to make jam when I'm home a lot this winter. Freebies.

Gonna read about those onions.:). Thanks FEM.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Apple butter in the crockpot and headed into jars!

Any can ground cherries whole? I usually make jam but wanted to try something different

Attachments

• 20220925_152857.jpg
    20220925_152857.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 47

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Done:
6 pints applesauce.

In the fridge awaiting processing tomorrow:
2 quarts apple juice
3 pints unsweetened cranberry juice
1 pint unsweetened almost-seedless cranberry sauce

I just now figured out I can get juice and sauce from the same batch of fruit. It took me this long... 🤦‍♀️ :gig

DS15 needs to can plums tomorrow too. He canned them last year for a fair entry but they didn't hold up well because he canned in water rather than syrup. This year he is going to do a batch in syrup just for the fair. I think he will learn a lot from the differences between the batches due to adding sugar.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
In the fridge awaiting processing tomorrow:
2 quarts apple juice
3 pints unsweetened cranberry juice
1 pint unsweetened almost-seedless cranberry sauce
Got these done. Didn't start plums. Hard to find time when DS15 takes >8 hours to wash dishes. I tapped out at 8 hours of supervising him - they're not done. would have taken me 20-30 minutes, just sayin'

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Might 🤔....do one canner of potatoes. Have 15 # of apples still sitting. Maybe dehydrate some. The apple butter is great and have applesauce. Good thing they hold for a while. Apple pie sounds good.🤣🤣. Already ate the last apples I dehydrated. Tasty ! Yeah, I'm home today. :lol: things are "in the way".