WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have been butchering Cornish Cross chickens. I've canned 21 quarts of skin, hearts, backs, wing tips, etc for the dogs. Already canned 34 pints of broth.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If thighs were that large. Imagine what those birds were like whole. :oops: impressive.

@Hinotori what does he use the syrup on/ for? I made about 4 pints of blackberry syrup last yr and realize I haven't used any. Blackberry season again -- jam or jelly this year! I had thought over pancakes...didn't happen....I do have PB&J more often.

Hope to pick blueberry's. Love those. There's a u-pick just a few miles away.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blueberries here got hit by the freak winter storms we had. No early varieties, the later varieties will bear, but the cool weather and rains we had has reduced the amount of berries. I have a few packages in the freezer, but that won't carry us until next year!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We didn't have any extremes this year so really hoping all will be good. Not only are blueberries tasty but, good for you. Messed up and didn't go last yr. Why? Don't remember but will this year! Probably Covid things. ??

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Canned 16 pints, and 4 quarts hamburger on Saturday. Monday I canned 6 quarts of chicken with homemade broth, and had enough broth leftover to can 1 qrt and 1 pint each.

Latest posts