WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Fixit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I need a moment of silence please . Talk to a friend yesterday they had lost over a 1000 canning jar In a barn fire a few weeks ago. Fortunately they were empty. The contents had been run through their freeze dryer.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would be bawling twice as long. One lady no period of grief for the barn and an equally lambs ng period of grief for all those jars!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Here's my current setup. I love it. Cool in the garage with a book and a pop. Love the clack of the rocker.

Pepper soup in now, chili and taco soup being prepped. Only 6 quarts from the recipe instead of 8

Attachments

• 20211016_141950.jpg
    20211016_141950.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 82

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to can something. @frustratedearthmother canned EVERYTHING yesterday. I feel inadequate now.
You so funny! Actually, I didn't can everything yesterday. I'm finishing up the potatoes today. Still have another pork shoulder in the fridge, but might put it on the smoker tomorrow. I can still slip back to the store and pick up another couple pork shoulders to can.

the hardest part about canning is re-arranging everything in the pantry to get the newest stuff in the back. That's where I am right now. Ugh!

@FarmerJamie - I like your set-up. I got my new propane burner delivered yesterday. Now that it's cool I should break it in and try canning outside.
We will be canning peppers today!
Yay! Can I ask how you do it? Do you can the peppers alone or do you make salsa or something else? I have never canned peppers. I might need a lesson!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
W
You so funny! Actually, I didn't can everything yesterday. I'm finishing up the potatoes today. Still have another pork shoulder in the fridge, but might put it on the smoker tomorrow. I can still slip back to the store and pick up another couple pork shoulders to can.

the hardest part about canning is re-arranging everything in the pantry to get the newest stuff in the back. That's where I am right now. Ugh!

@FarmerJamie - I like your set-up. I got my new propane burner delivered yesterday. Now that it's cool I should break it in and try canning outside.

Yay! Can I ask how you do it? Do you can the peppers alone or do you make salsa or something else? I have never canned peppers. I might need a lesson!
We can them alone in a vinegar and oil recipe. I will be digging out here shortly, I can add it in to the post if you want. DH likes to eat them on warm bread with butter.

We do make salsa too when tomatoes are coming in!