WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I cooked up a big pan of stewed tomatoes, zuc, onion, garlic, some salt and basil yesterday. Delish. I'm thinking to can some like that...good as side or base in soup. There's always the shred and freeze! Zucchini bread all winter. 😁. And stuff and freeze to bake. Yeah.....a plentiful plant.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Like @Mini Horses said - shredding is always an option. Besides soups and zucchini bread it makes great little zucchini fritters.

So good! "Only" 2/3 cup flour to 4 cups zucchini. I wonder if they could be made with almond flour?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So proud of the wife. She did 23 pints of green beans from start to end. It wiped her out, but she did it! The canner is much less intimidating to her now

I have all the ingredients to can minced garlic. Wife is thinking of canning soup this weekend.

She found a recipe like one her friend had decades ago for grinding up dried pinto beans and storing for "instant" refried beans. May give that a whirl.

And all the zucchini is taunting me

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This log document I posted earlier is working great. Once we get through most of the canning, the wife is going to sort the product (by some categories she has in her head) and copy/redo the sheets. Her OCD/ADHD/ADD side is well pleased with this ❤️

20220606_101821.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ever since i started using aloe vera gel it's been going really well. no more rashes, itches and best of all, it actually doesn't stink for days. :)

I use a Himalayan salt block. Works well for me and preserved my pits from fungus as well if I eat too much carbs.

This log document I posted earlier is working great. Once we get through most of the canning, the wife is going to sort the product (by some categories she has in her head) and copy/redo the sheets. Her OCD/ADHD/ADD side is well pleased with this ❤️

View attachment 19790

Maybe laminate the sheet and use a grease pencil to mark what you have? Rubbing a mark off when it's used isn't that difficult.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For those of us laboring over canning in the heat....here's a little appreciation factor for those beautiful jars of veggies. TaaDaaa...drumroll...

Just came out of a grocery and a dollar store. Store brand canned corn and canned green beans were $1.19 and $1.25 each! Makes those bigger pints of our own about $1.50 each. 😁 And prices keep rising. Just happened to notice them while there. Also. The free range, brown eggs were $4.99! My cheese? I'm rich! 😂🤣. Eggs I generally give away.

The squashes were $1.19# and up....tomatoes WOW...and if you have any yellow, orange or red bell peppers -- $1.49 each. Onions $1.20# & up. 😲. I wasn't even shopping!

Last edited:

Latest posts