WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I usually try to stick to approved recipes for safety sake but I know they canned squash back in the depression! Thanks for the info!

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have to tell you that I canned the absolutely most delicous corn today. It was bi-colored and perfect. It was so good, we just ate corn for dinner tonight! :p

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Canned 14 pints of boneless chicken and 1 pint of broth. Also froze more broth in 2 cup portions.
Everyone thinks that I am strange to can meat, but I love it for quick meals. You are getting me motivated.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I processed nine mixed breed cockerels that were all long legs and bones ... you don't notice that so much in a jar! :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I usually try to stick to approved recipes for safety sake but I know they canned squash back in the depression! Thanks for the info!
The squash I usually can is pumpkin! ;) Great for pies.

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Today I canned pickled kohlrabi & carrots. A co-worker was raving about it and I thought I'd give it a try. If no one here likes it, at least I know someone I can pawn it off on. I also peeled & chopped tomatoes for salsa tomorrow. Its too late to get that going tonight.

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am canning salsa today. I made it last night and put in the fridge to sit over night to let the flavors mingle. I had a bit of corn left so I added that to the salsa, it gave it a bit of sweet crunch.

I just love to hear to pop when you can. It makes me feel so, umm, prepared.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I LOVE kohlrabi! They just don't sell them out here unfortunately. It is also hard to grow them in this region. If I am lucky I can get a few to mature before the bugs get them. Do you have the recipe??? (Just in case I even manage to get some extras! LOL)

Latest posts