WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
moolie....you gonna post on here? I see you online right now, and I just KNOW you canned something today :lol:
I believe Moolie is canning 8 days a week. :bow I am glad she does because her posts have got me trying things I never have, like the baked beans :drool

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ya'll should've been here 30 minutes ago :lol: Sorry...hungry men and a teenage girl...it got GONE!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Corn Woman said:
Wannabefree said:
moolie....you gonna post on here? I see you online right now, and I just KNOW you canned something today :lol:
I believe Moolie is canning 8 days a week. :bow I am glad she does because her posts have got me trying things I never have, like the baked beans :drool
I think her pork and bean recipe is on here somewhere too :drool Moolie has some really great recipes :)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Alright, so I made another attempt at canning. This time it was beef stew and chilli.
Butttttt.... I think I might have filled the chili jars a little too full, and some of them leaked. Does that mean that the seals aren't good?
I also noticed after the fact that one of the lids had a dent in it. Do I need to open that one up and eat it sooner rather than later, too?

Thanks!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Alright, so I made another attempt at canning. This time it was beef stew and chilli.
Butttttt.... I think I might have filled the chili jars a little too full, and some of them leaked. Does that mean that the seals aren't good?
I also noticed after the fact that one of the lids had a dent in it. Do I need to open that one up and eat it sooner rather than later, too?

Thanks!
If they are sealed (you can lift the jar by the lid) and were processed at the correct pressure and for the correct amount of time for your altitude, they are good. Just wash 'em and put 'em away to enjoy later. :)

Where is the dent in the lid? If it's dented in the middle, that's just another indication of a sealed jar--once sealed, lids curve downward in the middle.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Thanks Moolie!!
No, like a ding near the side of the lid. Is that a problem?? Its definitely not part of the indentation at the center where the lid sealed. I would normally have not used it at all, but I didn't even realize it was dented when I put it on :(

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you are worried about it in the slightest, I would put that jar in the fridge and use it within a few days. Never seen a lid like that, so I have no idea how it might affect the seal.

Latest posts