What are you Freezing Today?

Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Big Daddy beat us all! I was going to say toes though...I am well insulated in the other area

:gig
Can you believe how cold it's been for the past few days. Just picked up the kids at school and it was 1 degree. We don't usually get this cold till mid January. Sorry Wife. I just noticed my town isn't listed on this forum. In case you didn't know I'm in Kiowa. My avatar on BYC showed it.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Can you believe how cold it's been for the past few days. Just picked up the kids at school and it was 1 degree. We don't usually get this cold till mid January.
I know! We usually ge this weather in May...right after I plant peppers!

Back on topic...it is time to hunt for on sale ham. I don't have much room in the freezers after the great turkey stock up, but i figure I can cram 3 hams in the deep freeze (or I could just put them on the back porch! LOL).

Also cream cheese is on sale. Well, you can't just freeze cream cheese. It gets all nasty. You CAN, however, freeze CHEESE CAKE!!! I make little cheese cakes in muffin tins. They freeze great and I can pull a couple for an after school snack for my son or throw one in my lunch bag. The only trick is to not let hubby know there is a cheese cake stash in the freezer!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Well, geez. Maybe we need to close this thread until we're back to the time of year of actually freezing food! :lol:
I can freeze lots of food, just leave it in the car or put it on the patio (chickens won't even come this far!)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Wifezilla said:
Big Daddy beat us all! I was going to say toes though...I am well insulated in the other area

Can you believe how cold it's been for the past few days. Just picked up the kids at school and it was 1 degree. We don't usually get this cold till mid January. Sorry Wife. I just noticed my town isn't listed on this forum. In case you didn't know I'm in Kiowa. My avatar on BYC showed it.
We've lived here for just over two years and well HECK its cold this year, tonight and tomorrow going to -29 with windchill! I'm ready to head back to California till May!

Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Big Daddy said:
Wifezilla said:

We've lived here for just over two years and well HECK its cold this year, tonight and tomorrow going to -29 with windchill! I'm ready to head back to California till May!
We just got the same severe weather warning. -30 with wind chill. I'm trying to figure out if anything outside is going to freeze. Just topped off the propane tank, 304.00 for 160 gallons.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Can you believe how cold it's been for the past few days. Just picked up the kids at school and it was 1 degree. We don't usually get this cold till mid January.
I know! We usually ge this weather in May...right after I plant peppers!

Back on topic...it is time to hunt for on sale ham. I don't have much room in the freezers after the great turkey stock up, but i figure I can cram 3 hams in the deep freeze (or I could just put them on the back porch! LOL).

Also cream cheese is on sale. Well, you can't just freeze cream cheese. It gets all nasty. You CAN, however, freeze CHEESE CAKE!!! I make little cheese cakes in muffin tins. They freeze great and I can pull a couple for an after school snack for my son or throw one in my lunch bag. The only trick is to not let hubby know there is a cheese cake stash in the freezer!
CHEESECAKE!! I'm going to your place WZ. :drool

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

Now I am going to break your heart....

I don't use sugar. All my cheese cakes are sugar-free. I use erythritol and Splenda to sweeten. Many do not notice my stuff is sugar-free though, so don't look too sad :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Actually, notta problem. I've had plenty of sugar free stuff when my diabetic mom was still alive. Most stuff is comparable (though some is really gross). So no you didn't hear my heart breaking, but the keys rattling as I'm heading for the door. Now let's see, Dace's place in CA for ribs, WZ's in CO for dessert...............

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Today I froze 11 quarts of pinto and black beans. :)

I cooked up about 6 pounds of dry beans with a little onion and salt. When they were tender I packaged them up for the freezer. Makes it quick and easy to grab a bag and toss it in for chili or a casserole etc. Saves over half the price of buying canned beans and is easy to do on a day you are at home. Just stick the pot on the stove and give an occasional stir. :cool: