What are you Freezing Today?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Today I froze 14 pints of farmers market corn. Preparing for a happy hubby this winter.

We also ate a bunch of the corn :drool and even gave some away to my BIL.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This morning there was a mountain of zucchini on the counter. My only goal was to do something with that. I never did get to it. Maybe tomorrow. I did get some corn in the freezer, and made some Bacon-Tomato Freezer Jam.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Eight packed quart bags and three flat gallon bags of shredded zucchini. After cleaning up, I found three more zucchini in a bucket. :he I think they multiply in my kitchen, like tribbles.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My ducks would be glad to help you with your zucchini problem...LOL

I am "skinning" tomatoes and tossing them in to a freezer bag. When I get enough together I will make spaghetti sauce.

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boy I wish I had a freezer. Other than the one that came with the fridge. I would love to plop all these tomatoes in the freezer and sauce them in the winter when I need the heat in the house!

Sheila

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
My ducks would be glad to help you with your zucchini problem...LOL

I am "skinning" tomatoes and tossing them in to a freezer bag. When I get enough together I will make spaghetti sauce.
Heck with the ducks! I would help with the zucchini! I can't get enough - love those things!!!

KnittyGritty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday I froze 7 pints of vegetable broth. A friend gave me a great tip - maybe you all do this already. Anytime you make a salad or trim vegetables for anything, keep all your trimmings (onion skins, root ends of veggies, etc.) in the freezer in a freezer bag. When it gets full, just dump it all in a large pot and cover with water, simmer for a few hours, and strain. I freeze it because I don't have a pressure canner. The chickens can still get the scraps, just not until after you've boiled them for your broth.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Wife--Is there a reason you skin your tomatoes? I'm happily and lazily an all-skins-on tomatoes gal these days :)

Freezing raspberries! It took 2 years for the patch to fill out, but it's turning into a great raspberry year!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Wife--Is there a reason you skin your tomatoes? I'm happily and lazily an all-skins-on tomatoes gal these days :)

Freezing raspberries! It took 2 years for the patch to fill out, but it's turning into a great raspberry year!
Yeah, if you freeze them and taw them, they slip right out of the skins--easy peasy.