1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Homemade weed killer - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What are you thankful for today?

Discussion in 'Family Life' started by Lazy Gardener, May 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. May 6, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Almost Self-Reliant

This thread is for posting the pleasures that make up your day, the delights you encounter, and even the learning experiences.

Today, I am thankful for:

Warm sunshine. It's such a treat to feel the sun warming my body after a long brutal winter, and many wet gloomy spring days.

Baby woodpeckers. There are some newly fledged babies flitting around. They'll go from one tree to an other. Then, they land on the trunk, about 6" apart, and commence their "Scree-chit, Scree-chit..." Till one of them takes off, followed by the others, and they do it again at the next tree. I think there are 4 of them.

2. May 7, 2019
    Britesea

Britesea Sustainability Master

Watching our turkey poults follow our LGD Millie around the property, like the lamb to school...

3. May 7, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

How sweet that they follow their protector. Just may save their feathers some day.

4. May 7, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

I'm thankful for a gentle rain while I was out planting the strawberries. The "big wet" held off until I got the last plant into the ground.

I'm thankful that the fox did not kill any more of my birds than he did. I'm thankful that the roosters did not get killed. I still have the option of hatching from my flock if the need arises.