1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Maple Sweet Potato Hash - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What are you thankful for today?

Discussion in 'Family Life' started by Lazy Gardener, May 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Aug 30, 2019
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

I was watching some videos wherein folks were grabbing sheep like that, inserting their thumb in the corner of the mouth in the gap where there are no teeth. With my clumsy luck, I'd get my thumb bit off. :rolleyes:

Mini Horses likes this.
  2. Sep 2, 2019
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

Everything! This beautiful place at which I live, the home God provides for us, the comfort we have around us, the changing of the seasons, the time I get to spend with grandchildren and my children....I'm completely blessed in that!

Life is good, God is great and I am so very thankful! :celebrate

3. Sep 3, 2019
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Super Self-Sufficient

Mission complete, and it was soooo much fun!:celebrate It was great to put more faces to the names, hear their voices, and see the homesteads first hand! :clap
    God provided all, but specifically cool weather, minimal traffic, little construction (in August!!), and safe travel throughout. Each day started and ended with prayer and gratitude, and the long days of travel were filled with teaching and preaching cassettes and music.
    Maybe by next spring, I'll be ready for sheep of my own, and can get one lamb from @Farmfresh and one from @Beekissed to start my own little flock here. It will be fun to see where this all leads. :weeeI'm sure this journey isn't over yet just because I'm back home.

My family has long quoted the second line of this little poem about me wandering around the countryside. It fits me well!:D

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
    (J.R.R. Tolkien)

4. Sep 3, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

Love the amazing network that brought the lamb to his home! It takes a village and wonderful to see one in action. Everyone was Blessed in this "happening". :D I loved it.

5. Sep 11, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Super Self-Sufficient

I am thankful for being at the right place at the right time. I was at a common box store who shall remain nameless, perusing the seasonal discounts in the garden center. Spied a box of seeds on a shelf, and asked about pricing for them. Was told that manager said to give them away b/c they missed the round up for the send back to the seed company. So... I pawed through them, and picked up about a dozen packets for next season's garden!

tortoise and sumi like this.