What are you thankful for today?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hopefully, you can use the next few months to get him fully obedience trained to your liking before the hormone surge starts.

Everything I've read is that the less I handle him, the better, so I'm thinking the only training he will receive is come when feed is rattled in a bucket or feed pan and to never, EVER make an aggressive move towards a human....the thunder and lightning will descend in a big way when first he even backs up a few steps with his head down, preparing to butt.

I'd seriously love to have him halter trained and all, but I think I'll restrict my training to the wether and the ewes.

kerilpatel

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Thankful for my well spent birthday.
Hearing from so many family members and friends makes me feel grateful for all the wonderful people in my life.
I love Tea and got Assam Tea as My birthday gift. It was awesome, and that's thanks to all the awesome people who took time to send me birthday wishes. Thank you!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am thankful for safety during the past few days. Long story short: I had a flat tire last Wed. That tire was pancake flat, and would not take any air. I tried, then hubby tried after work. So, he jacked the car up to remove the tire. The car fell off the jack. I took the tire to a repair shop the next day. The tech put air in the tire, and I was walking with him to the dunk tank. An other employee saw us, and said: "put that tire down, it's gonna blow!" It had a herniation on inside wall that was about 4" diameter, and 2" high. They bled the tire, and I had them save it. At the end of the day, I returned to pick up the new mounted tire. The tech showed me the old tire. (still a lot of tread left on that tire). The bead, or wire around the rim was completely shredded at the area of the bulge. He said it was due to defect in the tire, or due to damage during installation. I'm still debating on whether to pursue any recompense from dealer.

But, that tire could have blown when I was driving. DH could have been injured or killed when the car fell off the jack. The technician, myself or any other employees in the vicinity could have been injured.

I am oh so very thankful for God's protection through this issue.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am thankful for strength to get through my work days. They are long and hard. Not long in terms of hours, but long in terms of periods of physical stress on this aging body. It is hard work to facilitate movement in some of the folks I work with. Many of them outweigh me by 100# or more, and several of them are a foot taller. I am thankful for the work hours I do have. We've been repeatedly slammed, with bills above and beyond the expected monthly and annual budget. I am thankful that my God always provides! On paper, there is no way to keep up with it. But, month by month, the bills always get paid on time. When ever my self talk says it can't be done, I have to re-adjust my thinking. It CAN be done, and it WILL be done. He has always accomplished it in the past, and He will continue to do so. Not by my power, but, by HIS.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am thankful for being at the right place at the right time. I was at a common box store who shall remain nameless, perusing the seasonal discounts in the garden center. Spied a box of seeds on a shelf, and asked about pricing for them. Was told that manager said to give them away b/c they missed the round up for the send back to the seed company. So... I pawed through them, and picked up about a dozen packets for next season's garden!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The men who crafted the constitution would be sickened, ashamed, appalled at what our country and many of it's people have turned into.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm thankful that there was a bit of a cooling breeze this morning when I went out to feed the flock. It warmed up quickly, and was up to 80* by the time I came inside for breakfast 2+ hours later.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
An exploding tire can injure or kill. Thanks to God above and his protective Angels!

Latest posts