What are you wearing

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
OHIO TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART
(old but still funny)

@ +70 degrees
Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.
People in Ohio go swimming in the Rivers.

@ +60 degrees
North Carolinians try to turn on the heat.
People in Ohio plant gardens.

@ +50 degrees
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Ohio sunbathe.

@ +40 degrees
Italian & English cars won't start.
People in Ohio drive with the windows down.

@ +32 degrees
Distilled water freezes.
Lake Erie water gets thicker.

@ +20 degrees
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and woolly hats.
People in Ohio throw on a flannel shirt.

@ +15 degrees
Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Ohio have the last cookout before it gets cold.

@ +10 degrees
People in Miami all die...
Buckeyes lick the flagpole.

@ -20 degrees
Californians fly away to Mexico.
People in Ohio get out their winter coats.

@ -40 degrees
Hollywood disintegrates.
The Girl Scouts in Ohio are selling cookies door to door.

@ -60 degrees
Polar bears begin to evacuate the Artic.
Ohio Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets
cold enough.

@ -80 degrees
Mt. St. Helens freezes.
People in Ohio rent some videos.

@ -100 degrees
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Buckeyes get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

@ -297 degrees
Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.
Cows in Ohio complain about farmers with cold hands.

@ -460 degrees
ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale).
People in Ohio start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

@ -500 degrees
Hell freezes over.
The Browns win the Super Bowl

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
The Vail Benton's said:
lupinfarm said:
Is it really that cold in Arizona? lol...

Its 1 degree celcius out right now and I was out earlier doing the horsey stuff in a sweater with my really thin winter jacket over it, lol I was baking in like 2 minutes.
:gig of course not!!! This is Arizona :lol: It was cold when I got up and fed my critters this morning so I dressed accordingly, by cold, I mean 50 degrees F :hide
Here in Ohio, we don't consider it cold until it is down to single digits, then it's just getting chilly.
Well now you're just braggin'!!! :plbb I have lived where it gets cold - I do remember it well... but after having lived here for a length of time, you would be suprised how the blood "thins" and what you eventually would consider cold. Believe me, I'm not happy about it at all! :he I long for snow and the warmth of a nice fire in a fireplace (or a wood stove). I actually miss the days of getting up to break the layer of ice off my stock waterers, blanketing my horses, and peeling off layers of clothing out in the barn as I mucked out stalls and turned out horses. And yep... I also know that after awhile, I would be lamenting about the cold and longing for the perpetual Arizona sunshine. :idunno So when the weather permits, I will wear as many winter time clothes as I possibly can and be happy about it!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOLL SKR8PN

It's hilarious because we're not even the coldest part of Canada, or ONTARIO even! But its still pretty darn cold.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
SKR8PN said:
The Vail Benton's said:
:gig of course not!!! This is Arizona :lol: It was cold when I got up and fed my critters this morning so I dressed accordingly, by cold, I mean 50 degrees F :hide
Here in Ohio, we don't consider it cold until it is down to single digits, then it's just getting chilly.
Well now you're just braggin'!!! :plbb I have lived where it gets cold - I do remember it well... but after having lived here for a length of time, you would be suprised how the blood "thins" and what you eventually would consider cold. Believe me, I'm not happy about it at all! :he I long for snow and the warmth of a nice fire in a fireplace (or a wood stove). I actually miss the days of getting up to break the layer of ice off my stock waterers, blanketing my horses, and peeling off layers of clothing out in the barn as I mucked out stalls and turned out horses. And yep... I also know that after awhile, I would be lamenting about the cold and longing for the perpetual Arizona sunshine. :idunno So when the weather permits, I will wear as many winter time clothes as I possibly can and be happy about it!
My uncle lives in California (about an hour from Pasadena, up on a friggen mountain... with snow... seriously, who moves to California and lives where they have snow?!). We used to visit all the time, and honestly I HATE hot weather. I can't even stand our summers, it gets so humid and SO hot and I just bake alive in my room since its in the eaves of the house under a steel roof with no central air lol. I don't even get wind coming through my windows most of the time since my room faces south, which as you can imagine, heats up the room even MORE. So here I am DYING of heat exhaustion in my room praying (even though I'm not in the slightest religious!) to god that winter comes quick LOL.

I could never live in Florida, or Arizona, or California, or any of those states. I've been to Arizona and most of the hot states except Florida oddly. I thought I was going to die when I was at my uncles, it was so so so hot. Nothing compared to the humidity of an Ontario summer but its AWFUL.

Hence why I one day intend on moving back to England ;) its just perfect there. My whole family is from England too, including my insane uncle living in California.

Today it is 4C (approx. 40F) outside, beautiful weather! I can just walk about in my PJ pants and a hoodie and boots. And it wasn't even sunny!

You should have seen me last March, we had a week or so when it was around 4 Degrees out, one day it was even 9 Degrees and it was such a nice break from the -30C week we'd been having, then it went down to -27C a few days later LOL. -27C is like nose freezing weather, Its not terribly cold if there is no wind... I can even go jacketless with no wind, but when there is wind... its like dying lol.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep... it's hot here ALOT. So this winter, while we are experiencing cooler than normal temps, I shall enjoy it! :thumbsup and wear winter clothes... for a change.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
SKR8PN - thats hilarious!

i'd like the record to show that i had real clothes on - even shoes.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
SKR8PN - thats hilarious!

i'd like the record to show that i had real clothes on - even shoes.
CLOTHES!? Where is your sense of adventure girl, after all you ARE a Buckeye. :lol: :lol:

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love this thread... No wonder ya all are on the internet were no "normal" people can see ya..................:lol:

Yes in summer when it is "hot" over 60 F ............. I like to wear my birthday suite with a old T shirt and my old croc slippers outside. (Thankfully, I can do that..However I worry if someone gets lost and comes down our 1/2 mile drive way past the gate with deer bones hanging on it and catches me) :ep
I suppose I could just run in the woods and hide..
ON