What are your kids doing today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL! Thankfully DH is fairly tidy, but I understand because my XDH was.... not tidy. At all.

DS2: watched owl DVD, swing, blow bubbles outside, color a bird picture, played with a bucket and dirt in the tilled garden and learned to identify Canada geese versus Bald Eagle [in real life].

DS10: finished up Greek & Latin roots workbook, vocabulary flashcards, revised short answer question in Biology, read in Idiot's Guide to Geometry, read in Your Brain at Work (about habits for productivity). Also cleaned kitchen, swept floor, some babysitting, and digging holes for planting.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS2: tantrummed about wanting to go outside, and has started running away when I call his name. Fabulous. :sarcasm: He is learning to entertain himself outside. DS10's tutor is at a Sylvan learning center, so DS2 and I entertained ourselves with books and letter sounds games. They have tubs of miniatures that all start with the same letter. He liked those a lot! He recognizes some letters, but I'm not sure he understood all the items began with the same sound/letter.

DS10: had writing/Biology tutor today, visited friends and played outside with them. Dug 10 holes for the new flower bed, dug up 5 thistles. Read in social rules book, reading Idiot's Guide to Geometry. Practiced vocabulary flashcards.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well, DN just stubbed her toe on a bag of potatoes :lol: she had been chasing a bird around the garage trying to get it to go out but it won't because it has a nest in there but we won't tell her that because she would love them to death...literally...the kid gets obsessive...so she failed miserably lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol!!

Today we sorted some stuff, did some numbers... Learned some 3D shapes.... Practiced the letters we've already done to make sure she's still got them under control. Oh, and watched my husband run the tractor, like, forever.

Oh and we tackled my husband's disastrous sock drawer and she helped me pair up all his socks. And then totally told on me for throwing a bunch that were matchless out! Thanks, kid!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha! That's some funny stuff! You gotta teach that kid to not throw her mama under the bus! But...on the other hand...truth is a good thing too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol most of them are actually being repurposed as cleaning rags... But sock puppets would work too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You all's kids sound like fun :) Mine got given a new scooter yesterday by a friend of ours. As it was raining most of the day he couldn't do more than zoom up and down the passage with it a bit. Decided he did not like it. Hmmm. Finally late evening we caught a break in the rain and went for a walk/scoot. With proper under-wheel stuff the scooter performed much better and after about 100 yard DS told me "I think I love this thing!" :love

Latest posts