What can I make

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
For dinner tomorrow night?
Here is where you make something up for me.

I have chicken breasts, bacon, ground beef, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, red and green tomatoes, potatoes, green pepper, garlic. I have all kinds of noodles and brown rice. I also have some apples, grapes if that helps :gig I have frozen corn in the freezer, some I left on the cob other cut off. Peas in there too.

I believe I have a can of mild rotel, and I do have chicken broth, and three kinds of cheese (cheddar, Parmesan and some blue)

I'm so tired of trying to figure out what the heck the kids will actually eat, so now its YOUR TURN! :gig :gig :gig

DD = does not like stews of any kind, doesn't like gravy or anything moist like that. She will think I'm trying to poison her if she see's any red bits from tomato, and will call 911 herself if she see's onion or mushroom.

DS = much easier to please, he loves mushrooms fried up in butter, him and I can polish off a whole pan full. He doesn't like tomatoes, but will eat pretty much anything else.

PS I'll be happy to return the favor if you gimme your ideas.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Tonight I had some chicken in the crockpot with rice and noodles and curry. Yummm.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Tonight I had some chicken in the crockpot with rice and noodles and curry. Yummm.
Oh yes, I do have some curry powder - but the kids will croak! :gig my DD starts whining the second she see's there is a crock pot involved in dinner.

The curry powder is my secret treat, I mix it with salt and vinegar and dip citrus fruit in and eat it...........

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, the last time someone had a similar thread, I suggested the person that her and her kids fast. I was then promptly accused of supporting the starvation of children.

So again, I say, fast from food for a night! It's actually quite healthy!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Do you have cream cheese and chives also? If so, beat the cream cheese and chives, stuff into flattened chicken breasts, roll up, wrap with bacon and bake at approx 350 for approx 30 min.

Chop up the veggies raw, dress with favorite dressing and enjoy!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Well, the last time someone had a similar thread, I suggested the person that her and her kids fast. I was then promptly accused of supporting the starvation of children.

So again, I say, fast from food for a night! It's actually quite healthy!
My two are normally starving by the time 6pm rolls around, my son will melt down if he gets too hungry, very moody child if he's not fed properly. I don't think they could handle it, not old enough for something like that. My daughter is only 6, she'd go find some junk if I didn't feed her - her fav. is string cheese. :th

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Do you have cream cheese and chives also? If so, beat the cream cheese and chives, stuff into flattened chicken breasts, roll up, wrap with bacon and bake at approx 350 for approx 30 min.

Chop up the veggies raw, dress with favorite dressing and enjoy!
No cream cheese but I can get some at the little grocery store in town!! I don't think they'd have chives there though.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
You could chop in some minced onions, garlic or parsley. Even dill... "Chicken rolls" are awesome and a childhood favorite of mine!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is a spin on something we like to eat.

Saute chicken breasts cut in pieces add pieces of broccoli, garlic, and green peppers.
Season with a Chinese type seasonings: garlic powder, ginger, tumeric, salt, soy sauce or whatever suits you. Cook your pasta. Saute pasta in a small amount of sesame oil or whatever you have on hand. Add chicken and vegetables to pasta and then add peanut butter. Sorry I don't have an exact recipe. I usually just throw things together.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Fried potatoes with onions, peppers, and garlic! We put corn in ours too!

Perogie casserole if you have the lasagna noodles.

Broccoli and cheese rice.

Chicken flavored rice with shredded chicken in it.

Bacon quiche if you have eggs! YUMMO!! You can throw some mushrooms, peppers, and onions into one side to make a kid friendly side and an adult side!

Pizza casserole if you have some sausage or pepperoni.