What can I make

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
PamsPride said:
:he No fair that you all have picky eaters and I do not have one in the bunch!! My problem is fixing enough because they want third helpings!! HELLO!! Their FIRST helping was more than a grown man should eat let alone the second helping!! A typical spaghetti dinner around here consists of 3 pounds of pasta and a half gallon of sauce and there is hardly any leftovers! Then I have to tell them if they want more then go open a can of fruit, which they will, and then they eat the whole can!! Then want dessert!!
:gig I'll trade you one picky eater for one eat everything child. :weee
Deal! My 11 yo for your picky eater!! LOL!! Ahhh...the money I will save!!!
This is the boy who at 18 months old would eat 3 or 4 hot dogs in the buns plus macaroni and cheese, baked beans, and chips all in one sitting!!
Our Herbalist told me if he eats the way I say he does then he is going to be VERY tall! He looked at my 15 yo and started bragging that he was going to be taller than him! 15 yo is already taller than DH so it is not really a contest to be taller than dad! LOL!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My 5 yr old is headed that way too.....we're gonna be in some serious trouble when he hits the teen years! :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I used to have real fun trying to find size 13 shoes for my oldest. Fortunately, even though his younger brother is bigger and taller, he has only size 11 feet :p

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig my 11 year old eats more than I do, and he can fit into my boots already - little booger is going to be taller than me soon. :he

Where do these big eating kids put all the food? I know they're more active, but for heavens sake! My 11 year old is skinny as a rail.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's funny my 10 year old and I wear the same size shoe!! and I have big feet. I'll give him about 6 months and he will be taller than me. It must be all this good loving we give them.

:thumbsup

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Oh man, I hear you all on the "takes the joy out of cooking" thing! It bothers me SO much when my DSS and DSD complain about what's for dinner! It's hard to come home after a day at work, feed all the animals, let the dogs out, start homework, cook dinner, and THEN to hear someone complain about what you made!!! :rant Ooh, it ticks me off!

I told them I didn't want to hear any complaints about dinner. If they don't like it, they can keep it to themselves. They eat what we eat, or they don't eat. We also have the 1 bite rule. They dont' have to clear their plates, but they do have to eat a decent amount of dinner before we even consider giving them dessert.

Of course there are some nights we don't have them, so we can use those nights to cook things like bean soup which the kids won't touch at all. :lol: And the kids do get some input on what we're having some nights. We try to be fair but we're definitely not catering to them every night.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Since it's just my son, my mom, and myself (and no real homestead - YET!), some nights we cook, some nights are DIY, and some we do short-order type where all 3 of us do something different. My son knows, however, that on the nights we cook, he is NOT allowed to request something different. He eats what we eat, nothing else is served until breakfast. He IS allowed to put his plate in the frig, and if he decides later on (up until a set time, an hour before bedtime) to eat, then he can eat his unfinished supper.

Mine is gonna be a tall one too - his foot is almost as big as mine (I'm a ladies size 9!), and in 6 months I've had to buy 4 different sizes of pants - boys 7 regulars, boys 8 slims, boys 8 regulars, and NOW 10's! :he Which I'm only doing at the Goodwill because I refuse to spend anymore $$$ on pants than I have to when I'm figuring in the next 6 months or so he'll shoot UP! :th And did I mention he's only just turned 9!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Does he ever tell you he doesn't like something that he's never eaten b4? Both of my kids tried that w/me. I'd never let them get something else to eat for dinner. Then, in the morning when they'd want to know what was for breakfast, they'd get leftovers from the night b4. I was fine if they tried something, and didn't like it. (I don't believe in making a kid eat something they don't like. After all, if I don't like something, I'm not going to eat it, so why should they be any different?) But, don't tell me you don't like something if you haven't tried it first. And, it was amazing how good the stuff tasted the next day!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Does he ever tell you he doesn't like something that he's never eaten b4? Both of my kids tried that w/me. I'd never let them get something else to eat for dinner. Then, in the morning when they'd want to know what was for breakfast, they'd get leftovers from the night b4. I was fine if they tried something, and didn't like it. (I don't believe in making a kid eat something they don't like. After all, if I don't like something, I'm not going to eat it, so why should they be any different?) But, don't tell me you don't like something if you haven't tried it first. And, it was amazing how good the stuff tasted the next day!
My picky daughter does that all the time, she'll say she doens't like something she's never tried while I'm still cooking it! :th

I found that if I get them to help me in the kitchen - its easier to get them to eat what they helped make, but some days I really don't have time or the patience to do that, I just want to get it done. :hide

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My little boy is big too!! 4 crates in one month I finally just bought an x pen...

Oh wait, yall talkin" "bout them human things? ;) hehe.

But seriously, I was nanny to this severly ADD child with all natural mother who choose to ignore. They had the dang plate rule too. It would take us TWO hours to eat half a plate! She would take a bite, I had to let her run around, then take another bite. Her mothers way of doing it was screaming at her the entire time to eat. Ugh.