What did you cook from scratch today?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Made another apple cake, this time with cranberries instead of raisins and it was waaaay better!

Also made some homemade pizza sauce to go on our homemade pizza for dinner. :D

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made my first crustless quiche last night for dinner. It was surprisingly delicious -- I thought it would seem to be missing something without the crust, but it tasted great. Caramelized onion and sharp white cheddar. Yum.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Lady Henevere said:
Made my first crustless quiche last night for dinner. It was surprisingly delicious -- I thought it would seem to be missing something without the crust, but it tasted great. Caramelized onion and sharp white cheddar. Yum.
Oh that sounds yummy.....what did you do? Just butter the dish before pouring in the egg mixture?
I have made it with a potato crust...just thinly sliced pots, brushed with EVOO and pre baked a bit. It was kinda mushy and I did not love it.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I just butter the pan when I make crustless quiche. I am making one today....spinach & portabella with caramelized onions. The caramelized onions add so much flavor I use it in most of my quiche dishes.

I made lemon panna cotta this morning. I think I finally have the flavor dialed in. I will know for sure in an hour or so :D

ecopepper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey help I have 4 and 1/2 cups flour for a cuban bread mix in the machine. How many hamburger buns do you think I can get? 8? I am also doing curly fries and green fried tomatoes with buttermilk. If you fry green tomatoes what do you dip them in first. I usually do buttermilk and italian bread crumbs with some spices thrown in. Oh and this is all going with pulled pork from pork tenderloins I crockpotted. I don't have much work space so I use the bread maker for most kneading. I want to try the crustless quishe too.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
woodwzrd said:
Zucchini Tomato Salsa - huge pot full
dipence71, Do you have a recipe you would be willing to share? That salsa sounds really good.
Sure here it is:

I just add seasoning to taste, if I want it spicy add more red pepper cayenne,ect,

MY Zucchini Salsa

Tomatoes LOTS & LOTS
Zucchini ( I use skin, seeds, and all)
Green Peppers
Onions (this time I used green onions from my garden and used the green tops and all)
I run all of this through the food processor to make it really liquidy as that is how we like our salsa) but you can just chop to your own consistency preference
Pkg(s) of Salsa mix (Mrs Wages is awesome)
Cilantro
Parsley
Garlic
Marjoram
Red Pepper flacks
Cayenne Pepper
Chives
ect (anything else that I have in my spice cabinet that sound good lol)
Apple Cider Vinegar 2-3 Cups depending on pot size & how many pkt of salsa mix
(my large tall silver pot 3 cups vinegar, 2 large 1 small packet salsa mix)

Mix to taste
Bring to boil stirring so it doesn't burn
Reduce to simmer 10 minutes
Pack into jars
Boiling Water Bath 90 minutes (Quarts), pints would be less but I only do quarts because a pint doesn't last long enough around here.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
Lady Henevere said:
Oh that sounds yummy.....what did you do? Just butter the dish before pouring in the egg mixture?
Yep. Just butter the dish and add the fillings as you would if there was a crust. I was afraid it might stick, but it didn't at all. WZ's spinach and portabella one sounds fabulous too -- I'll have to try that one soon.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Blackberry clafoutis, canned bruschetta, stewed tomatoes and fresh salsa. Boy, summer is so busy!

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Potato cheese soup, with onions, carrots and celery. Good but not one of my faves. I made it cause the kids and hubby LOVE it.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made wifezilla's zucchini foccacia, topped with fermented hot peppers and garlic... YUM!

Latest posts