frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up a couple bags of shavings today. IF I ever get time to put some feed bags down in the garden I'm going to dump shavings on top of them to hold 'em down and help smother any weeds that might try to come through.

I've got a tiny tomato on a plant!! Saw blossoms on the zucchini and some of the green beans are starting to bloom too. Radishes are doing what radishes do... have a little bit of lettuce and some carrots are hanging in there.

There's hope for a few meals, but don't know if I'll get enough to preserve.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Raining here still. I took a break (that didn't last long) to go for a walk and got a bit wet, but it was nice to get out. We explored a nice wooded area not far from the village and heard a gunshot very close to us :hide Someone was hunting something out there, probably pheasant.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another dreary drizzly chilly day in NY. What is this cold nasty snap going to end? Here it is the middle of May, isn't it supposed to be getting warmer?

We had that system here for several days -- it blew out Sat evening & was headed your way. Sorry. It was a bummer here, too. Yep, chilly, misty, dreary....Not enough real rain to make it worth giving up 4 days!