Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing. Tomorrow I'll set out the peppers....green, yellow, red sweets, pimento and habanero. Hope to get a couple rows raked up and planted with -- ??? LOL Rains come in mid day and stay for FOUR days! :th OK - good news, don't need to water! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chased a baby goat out and then put a panel over the tiny little gap between the gate and the post... and picked a few green beans, zucchini and a couple cucumbers. Cleaned out a raised bed that had peas. Spread fresh compost, covered it all with cardboard and wood chips. Will be using that area to add extra tomatoes that will hopefully not be decimated by stink bugs and will produce in the fall.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went out early this morning and picked 8 quarts of rattlesnake green beans. Left plenty on the vines to pick in a couple of days. This is my 4th (?) year planting from saved seed. They seem to get better every year.

Pulled up a few more onions that had fallen over. Also dug up my elephant garlic. Looks like I left a few too long. They had started to separate.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have Cherokee Purple and Black Krim. Anyone tried each & any difference? First for me for those.

Also Mortgage Lifter, Big Boys....plus some cherry types...all types I've used before.

Started some Italian paste. Ready to order Amish Paste & Cow Tit......LG how do you feel about your various paste varieties?

Very light misty rain about 6....more coming. This got the soil moist so rest won't crush & run but, soak in. 3 days of scattered.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I pulled the rest of my onions. Only ones left are the ones with flowers. I'm usually not very good at growing onions, they never get very big. This year I have some really nice sized ones. I'm hoping to save the seeds to plant next year.

I picked a few cucumbers. Used them in my salad tonight. DH doesn't like fresh cucumbers, only when they are pickled.