Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Recipe please? I'd like to put some around my electronet fence lines. But, my biggest concern: Worry that the salt and borax (if that's used) would be hard on the bird's kidneys or poison them if they go digging in that area.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What did I do in the garden? I bought more garden plants, lol!!!

Now I have 2 cranberry plants, 4 blueberry plants, 4 celery, 2 more tomato, and 2 Anaheim Pepper plants to get in the ground. And 50 onion sets, lol.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Watched the glory of plants growing! Rooted out an ant nest in the potato patch. They destroyed 2 seed potatoes. Hope the dusting of Sevin that they got will do the trick, instead of motivating them to spread.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I picked some bits for the bunnies and checked out all my seedlings but didn't do much else today. It got suddenly very cold with very dark clouds but not much in the way of rain yet, should be some coming.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chased goats out of the corn patch. I recently moved the bucks into the pen next to the garden. I forgot that Conan used to open that gate when he was a youngster. He hasn't forgotten how.... :( Caught 'em pretty quick so minimal damage. Whew...

ByFaithFarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Trimmed and sharpened sticks to use as stakes to make a basketweave style protective surrounding for my fruit trees/bushes. I began the weaving with a few muscadine vines pulled out of the woods recently. Soon, I’ll pull more vines out and finish. Hoping for a end result something like this to keep the weed eater from destroying them.
A3F5653E-2848-4B85-9144-D390944D4B0C.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Disc on tractor and drove into this too large, too grassy place :th

It's a fast way to do an initial destruction but sure not perfect. I need a rake and don't have one -- for the tractor! Not ME. So much grass & roots. I did hand weed the row of tomatoes and absolutely need to get the CPs up. Rain has slid out of Mon outlook -- just slower movement on front. Gives me one more day. Thank you!!

I'm not wanting to BUY a rake....expensive!....but I can see CL in my future to find one. Really, need to run thru with one, pull grass & roots, then till & row, again & again. :he Trust me, I can sure appreciate what our forefathers went through to establish a food source!. :D

@baymule you've spent years working your garden from ground zero. At least I have excellent dirt to start -- you would LOVE this as your pasture. My horses sure did!! :lol: There is sand in it, was a Pnut farm before I bought it. But a lot of good dirt not just sand., unlike yours.

Before --- tomatoes on right, to stake.

613202.jpg

After
613203.jpg