NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We transplanted another batch of tomatoes and watered everything because it was hot and dry (and will be the same tomorrow). Need to get the rest in and plant cucumbers tomorrow... Probably in the evening... 95 heat index in June= a/c and house chores.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I pulled a couple weeds and watered the tubs...picked some more zucchini and yellow squash, I'm robbing cherry tomatoes every time I walk through the garden gate. These little tomatoes are a chocolate cherry tomato... oh my...so good!

I put 12 more cups of grated zucchini in the freezer and that's after making the zucchini brownies and zucchini hash browns for dinner. Yum!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I went on a murdering spree yesterday and wiped out the most recent generation of squash bugs. Also picked some squash and made a squash casserole. Green beans will be ready to pick this week, and there's 400 feet of them to gather so I'll be busy. Then canning. Corn is starting to produce some ears, tomatoes are still green but will begin turning next week I'm sure. Onions are looking good. Radishes are GONE (hallelujah) and peas are looking good also. Grapes are growing well. Blackberries are full of berries. Cukes and cantaloupe I had to replant is coming up and okra is about to start producing. Sunflowers are coming along well too. So that's my garden update...that's all I can think of...probably missed something lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's true -- I'm keeping up with it pretty well this year and still putting zucchini in the freezer. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have lots of help, else there would be no garden this year I promise ya that! I'm trading produce for canning. I provide the food and jars and split 50/50 because I do NOT have time for that too!!! It's soooo gonna be worth it!