Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The tomatoes finally reached the bottom spaces of the cattle panel trellises, so started weaving those through this morning when I did my garden walk through. Also caught 3 squash bugs and a cuke beetle in my soapy water cup this morning.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I a whole bunch of tiny little toads in the garden. I'm hoping they like ticks! I've started throwing chicken feed around the outside of the garden fence in hopes that the chickens will keep some of the insects away if they get in the habit of patrolling the perimeter.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I a whole bunch of tiny little toads in the garden. I'm hoping they like ticks! I've started throwing chicken feed around the outside of the garden fence in hopes that the chickens will keep some of the insects away if they get in the habit of patrolling the perimeter.

We're seeing more toads here this year too. The chickens are eating them when they find them, so I hope many will take refuge in the garden and eat the bugs there.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes they are all over the our place too but at least the ones in the garden are safer. The chickens run by all the time with dangling legs hanging from their beaks.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Harvested some green tomatoes. The wife wants to try and can a relish.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I gave up on the raised beds for this year. I'm going to fence some chickens out there this winter and let them kill everything in the beds so I can start fresh.

I have tons of pots and other planters. We've been eating raspberries of the thornless dwarf raspberry that I bought because it was such an oddity.

Peas will be ready in a few days then I can plant some more. Beans look like they are getting ready to flower. Caged to keep cats out. I haven't successfully had peas here ever. The stupid deer eat them in the raised beds. I think I need 2 more of these planters just for peas.
20170704_204252.jpg

Potatoes are flowering. We'll see how they do in the wheelbarrow.

20170704_204237.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hinotori, those are good looking plants!

Today I didn't do much as we rained a bit today, but finally got out there to weed, weave some tomatoes through the CP trellis and sucker a few.

It's amazing to me how quickly weeds grow, right next to vegetables that don't grow nearly as quick...just doesn't seem right, does it?

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovely plants Hinotori :)

I'm afraid to look at my garden :hide. Once this chicken coop is done I'll be focusing more on the garden...hopefully.