NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I grow kale and lettuce quite well, perhaps I am destined to not grow spinach lol

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked all the peas last night. They weren't really quite ready but the temps have gotten too hot for that variety and the plants were dying no matter what I did. I'll plant some more at the end of next month. Our weather swings back to cool right around Labor Day.

It's been and early and hot summer for us

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did some weeding too! Though not today - but during the week I squeezed in some weeding time while my toddler ran around. His favorite part was taking some of the weeds to the chickens.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I gotta go pick some stuffs...or not....may just leave it for the house sitters this time. I did get off my lazy butt and get a tomato :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leave it! House sitter will love it! Did you get me a tomato too? I went to get one, but all the rain we had yesterday and today made 'em split...and they were starting to get funky. Chickens didn't care!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Son made me a cover for my Rogue hoe out of a piece of conveyor belt and some green leather he had lying around. Sewed it with wire, then top stitched it with bowstring...he had to use a drill to drill each hole into the conveyor belt material to sew it, so I feel so blessed that he worked that hard on it. He doesn't have any good equipment or tools for working with leather and such, so he did the best he could...took one measurement from it and didn't see the hoe again until he was finished and it fits like a glove! It's not professionally made but I LOVE it!

100_5925-jpg.20816
100_5926-jpg.20817

I'm tickled to have a safe way to transport this thing back and forth between my garden and my son's town garden...this thing is a tad dangerous. Already cut a hole in my spare tire cover.... :oops:

Strawberries keep coming on....

100_5935-jpg.20815

...and spud vines dying back. Reached in to see what's under there and pulled out a respectable sized Red Pontiac, very healthy looking. I'm hoping these compost rings are full of taters from this year's crop and weren't all just tops like last year.

Suckered maters, spread epsom salts, transplanted some romaine out of trays and into shady areas of the garden, tucked in under and around other veggies and flowers.

Finished weeding the whole garden....finally. It will have to be done next week, just like today, as my garden is infested with "quickweed"....you guys got some of this stuff? It's my most persistent weed and may be winning the war.

100_5924.JPG

100_5923.JPG