NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Juwt pulled some carrots and beets. Will pick some beans tomorrow (tried one tonight and yum! Purple and green beans, they're too cool!) watered and stared at my sad tomato plants...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Juwt pulled some carrots and beets. Will pick some beans tomorrow (tried one tonight and yum! Purple and green beans, they're too cool!) watered and stared at my sad tomato plants...

Our green beans are done already. Wife blanched and froze a good 25 gallons if not more. I told everyone to leave 1/2 row so I can have seed for next year.

I've been growing the same green beans for long time I would say 25 years or more. Only bought seed once - I think I got my monies worth out of that one pack of seeds -:lol

Glad your beans and beets are doing well... :) If you snap a few close ups of your tomato plants and their leaves - I might be able to help figure out why they aren't doing so well.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Our green beans are done already. Wife blanched and froze a good 25 gallons if not more. I told everyone to leave 1/2 row so I can have seed for next year.

I've been growing the same green beans for long time I would say 25 years or more. Only bought seed once - I think I got my monies worth out of that one pack of seeds -:lol

Glad your beans and beets are doing well... :) If you snap a few close ups of your tomato plants and their leaves - I might be able to help figure out why they aren't doing so well.

What kind ya been growing?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I know what's wrong with the tomatoes, thanks. Lack of attention and fertilizer mostly. My soil needs help but being sick and exhausted for a good portion of the last 3 months, I just couldn't do the garden and animals so hey, the animals won! Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What kind ya been growing?

Honesty I can't remember the type I started with. But they are the bush type and produce like clockwork. First picking of tender sweet stringless green beans is 40 days from when the seedlings first poke out of the soil. We really like them and have since I first grew them so why change?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I know what's wrong with the tomatoes, thanks. Lack of attention and fertilizer mostly. My soil needs help but being sick and exhausted for a good portion of the last 3 months, I just couldn't do the garden and animals so hey, the animals won! Lol

Yep understand - I would help if you were my neighbor for sure.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm jealous. I would die of starvation if I had to live on my what my garden produces. A handful of tomatoes and peppers every day or so, so far. I think I might have a few beans to pick but not enough for a mess.