Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm spoiled by this years garden. I went from having a half acre garden of terrible clay soil for years, to having no garden for 3 years, to having an acre garden of the best soil I've ever had the pleasure of tending this year that has given me green bean nightmares :gigI've had such a great harvest I am planning a Fall garden full! Today I'm cutting okra, picking tomatoes, and starting pumpkin and acorn squash seeds for Fall. I need to find some good carrot seed and some turnip seed also for the Fall garden.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
starting pumpkin and acorn squash seeds for Fall. I need to find some good carrot seed and some turnip seed also for the Fall garden.

:clap ME tooo! I just went thru seed packets to pick out what I could start for Fall. Looking at the pumpkins on the top of this pile of seeds. Beets, carrots, turnips (for animals), peas, string beans (yep, can get a crop here by frost), acorn squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage and lots of kale, collards/etc. in there too. Off work tomorrow. Hope to get some working.

Wooohoooo..........great minds think alike!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't do a thing but stay in the house and baby sit two snake bit dogs. poor babies are miserable.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Actually we decided to just direct sow the pumpkins and squash, so we have 26 hills, 130 seeds planted where the sweet corn was. When they sprout we will fertilize them. We are growing giant pumpkins and I can't wait to see how big they get!! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I sure hope the pups are okay!! That's awful! :(

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't do a thing but stay in the house and baby sit two snake bit dogs. poor babies are miserable.

Dang... Hate to hear that :( son's dog got hit with a copper head this spring. Poor guy's face looked like he got hit by a car or something but he's fine now. I hope your pups' fully recover also.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Actually we decided to just direct sow the pumpkins and squash, so we have 26 hills, 130 seeds planted where the sweet corn was. When they sprout we will fertilize them. We are growing giant pumpkins and I can't wait to see how big they get!! :D

Awesome - Better to have more than enough than not enough at all <--- that's my garden philosophy anyways. I've never grew any pumpkins other than small sugar pumpkins. Giant pumpkins sounds fun.

Latest posts