Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I looked at the garden this morning as I drove by going to work lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Aww, I'm sorry it's not working out @sumi ! I hope you get to settle in a permanent place soon! You've been on the move a long time!

You starting a garden centre?

;)

I thought I might try my luck at selling bouquets at farmers market or maybe on the street since we're near a tourist town. Flowers don't weigh a lot, don't need to be washed before going to market, and aren't a rotty mess if I don't feel well enough to pick them. I'm sticking to perennials though! No guarantees I will be well enough to plant each year.

Farm sales are rough here because we're so close to Amish community (1 mile), but we're off the main road and they're right on it with farm stands, greenhouse. Everyone has eggs for sale here. I need to get creative to earn farm income.

I got 4 holes dug! :th

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been trying to think of how to make a little money while I'm home with my DD. Everyone here has a garden and we live on a back road... Actually every time anyone puts anything near the road it gets trashed by the loser drug dealers up the road.

Anyhow... Moving on... I did not do anything with my garden today other than plan out what needs to be planted next.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Flowers usually sell well. I remember whenever we did small markets, if there was anyone with flowers, they did well.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I seeded birdseed (mostly millet) and oats there - the only somewhat appropriate things I had on hand.

I've had millett come up from chicken scratch mixes in the past. I actually let them grow -- they look like corn coming up -- and when they put out that big patch of seed on top I cut & dried. More chicken feed!! Grows fast, also.

I agree, flowers do well here when at a market. You won't get rich but, like you say, less problem to get them ready. Any restraurants near, florists? Both could be a source of weekly sales.

Like others -- I look at the "garden area" and wish! I DO have a little tomato on one of 6 plants in pots. All are blooming but I will pinch them off to allow more plant growth first. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some tilling done.

Been working on fencing!!

FEM, some weeks it's my own challenge to me to NOT spend anything. LOL, hard but doable. Amusement at least.

Moon. your garden room is very soothing. Nice, neat, promising.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Chickens found my birdseed and oats and were scratching it up. :he:barnie Free range chickens are so annoying! "This is why we can't have anything nice"

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Mine used to want to roost on the porch...which means poo everywhere....stupid birds, so I grounded them to their coop for a week and tried again and they quit.