What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The 4 packs are 4 little separate sections with one plant in each .... There are like 8/ 4packs in each full flat (or something like that) That nursery/greenhouse has really nice ones too.... Paying 4.00 or more for 1 plant in a 4 inch pot is ridiculous. Yes, the pots cost a little bit... but I can buy them for about .02 to .05 cents each....
I have never seen them have 4 sprouted seeds in 1 pot... even the cukes I think they do 2 seeds to each of the 4 little sections...

Me either... 4 sprouted cukes in a cup, caused me to do a double take, then the price 👀. I'm trying to work twords a George Washington per pot/cup but I most always thin to two growing per cell when I have them in flats. So by the time they make it to pots there would most likely be a double per pot/cup. I'm hung up on cost of pots, you can get them for a lot less than I can. That's why I was interested in cups, paper cups would be best I think 🤔

Thanks for your reply, you've helped me so much. I owe you supper if I ever get to Virginia.

We got a good rain, I won't feel bad about picking some beet greens to mix in with salad for supper now 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Water and weeded yesterday, will be like this for the next 3ish weeks until the tomatoes turn and peas come. Lots of fruit on the tomatoes! Got flowers on the pepper plants too.

Harvested some lettuce, spinach, a couple radishes and asparagus spears. Left 3 spears to seed. 14 bean plants are up and waiting for about 10ish more.

I have been pinching off strawberry flowers and boy are the plants growing and looking amazing. Will let them start to flower and set fruit after July 1st

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work! Congrats!

today should be easier as it will be cooler and should avoid biting flies. once it warms up enough i'll water all the gardens - that will take about an hour. then finish weeding the North Garden.

mosquitoes very likely as that far edge is along the grass and the north hedge is often mosquitoey - being cool enough to wear long pants will help a lot. it will get done one way or another.

time for breakfast and then get to it. :) i may grumble about some things but these days of crunch time are ok for me - i find them a lot less stressful than many other things.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fixin' to head but leafs already big enough for cabbage rolls 😋 A good soaking rain would really help 🙏 Almighty's water is so much better than my water.

IMG_20220603_130257797.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸