What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For the strawberry bed/row I think I have a plan, maybe 🤔

I believe I'll hitch up the 2 bottom and double plow (one way then the other way) hopefully I can get the first plowing just deep enough to remove the sod, then the second plowing deep to loosen up the soil. Then hopefully I can flip the soil back over into the trench with the plow and that'll be my bed/row. Then I'll have to run the tiller to fluff up the soil. Then we'll plant the strawberries and mulch in with some old nasty hay rounds. I have a few nasty hay rounds, I think 6 or 7 waiting to become garden mulch. I'm sure it'll not go as planned but I'm gonna try anyways.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still playing momma to a bunch of seedlings. I hope to start hardening off the cabbages and onions in two weeks then set them out the beginning of april. I'm in zone 6B or 7 I can't decide which 🤔

I really do enjoy raising tomato seedlings, they always seem to look like a tomato forest. They grow fast, I have to move the lights up a chain link every day now.
IMG_20220306_192235130.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't laugh but I'm quickly running out of chain links to raise the lights above the tomatoes. They really need to be put outside to harden off.

It may be a plant tomatoes in a trench year. It's where they get to tall and fall over. Since a tomato plant roots any time the stem touches the soil, I just dig a deep trench and plant with bit of the tops above the soil. The tomatoes develop a great root system this way so it really doesn't hurt the plants just makes it harder on the guy doing the planting.

IMG_20220318_094739805.jpg

Maybe I cared for them a little too well 🙄
IMG_20220318_094837842_HDR.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cabbages and onions I started hardening off Monday are looking great so far. Plan is to set them out in the garden late next week, since no hard frost/freeze is forecast for the foreseeable 10 days. My plans are not always Almighty's plans, so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Really windy today, which is good for hardening off, makes strong stems 👍
IMG_20220318_115250984_HDR.jpg

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I covered my beds with plastic yesterday so they can heat up a bit quicker, I hope!

Planted 12 Concord grape cuttings, so here is hoping they take. They are on the north side of the house just chilling and hoping coming to life as natural as possible.

Measured out new spot for the next couple beds. Need to rake and level it out some. I am debating wood or galvanized bed frames....we have the wood but the galvanized will last longer and I could transport easier when we move someday.