What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
played in the very slippery clay that was on top of the frozen ground. i needed to dig a hole and bury the squash innards and stuff that wasn't in good condition. the ground was frozen but on top of that layer was a very thin layer of clay thawed out from the rains. all the snow is gone for now. took more time to clean up than to do the task.

happy to have it all done. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Seeds arrived...finally. no pretty colored pics on pkg. But did get more seed than they advertised for each. Gonna let a couple plants go to seed for next time. Hybrid bàckground for sure but, so far out they're stabilized.

Is Spring just around the corner??? :lol: :lol: I feel it is after Jan hits. I mean we start seeds in Feb? Ok!! Not far off....
I start onion seed mid-January! Can't wait!!

This is why I like to celebrate Solstice. The days are already getting longer, the worst is over.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I start onion seed mid-January! Can't wait!!

This is why I like to celebrate Solstice. The days are already getting longer, the worst is over.
I think the worst is in Jan when we get the bitter cold--snow is not so bad the cold gets me.

I can't wait to start seed. I was just looking at Baker Creek today....again, lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think the worst is in Jan when we get the bitter cold--snow is not so bad the cold gets me.

Thats why I remind myself that every day is a little longer and sunnier than the day before! 😑 dont think about it too deeply, denial logic is thin :gig

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't need more seed! I don't need more seed!!!!!! 🤪 😁

Heres a real test coming in Jan for me.....one of my work job assignments....set up seeds at a few Lowes and TSCs. :th :hide 🤔 there will be boxes and boxes of displays and all manner of seed packets to assemble. Pretty pictures and all! I'll need strength! :idunno :old o_O