What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love blueberries! At old farm chickens ate them before I could! 🤪 I'd like more to plant here but, haven't. I can pick at a couple close u-pick farms. Just me to eat them.

News report yesterday that prices on food will most likely increase another 20% this year!! Our gardens will be valuable this year. So, we seed addicts should be looking at saving seed from plants...saving $. I know I will.

Gas back at $4 a gal by summer !!??? :thTX refineries down?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seriously?? Great🙄 I have to use premium gas in my car too. Good thing I don’t go very far. My biggest concern is heating costs currently, my electric rates have risen incredibly too.

Anyway I’ve wanted to do a big garden for years and now my youngest is over 2, and I should finally be able to! Guess it’s a good year for it! I need to learn how to can finally too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yep. I think more blueberry bushes! :gig I have 400 and it's way-way-way too much!

that sounds like me and beans, only different as those blueberries are perennials... :) i love BBs, they grow around here a lot and plus a lot of u-pick places too. longer term i hope i can get some BBs planted and growing here.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In my mind,
digging in the dirt
IMG_0165.JPG

and making this :love

Connecticut-Kitchen-Garden-1.jpg

:gig

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang it - ya'll are making me want berries again. Blueberries - nope. I tried them and while I was able to keep the bushes alive - no appreciable blueberries. I'm not wasting that much garden space on big ol' bushes that don't give me a payoff. However, I might put in some more blackberries. I had some really nice ones, thornless and huge berries. One really wet year they decided to quit...wet feet were not their friend. I need to build some new raised beds just for them. Maybe some more mulberries too? I'll run out of space beffore I run out of garden wishes.

I did a little more hay mulching. I'm trying to do a chore or two in the garden every day in hopes that I can keep up with it better and have it ready for spring planting without needing to practically kill myself getting ready. (run on sentence much? lol)