What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WoW! That's quite a zuc!

at that stage they're good for giving away or using as a self-defence implement. i know some people actually do use them, but i wouldn't. similar to how i would treat those huge cucumbers that got missed when picking. if i didn't want to save them for seeds i'd pick them and then toss them under the lilac tree where they'd sit the rest of the summer and through the winter until next spring. eventually they'd rot and provide fertlizer for the lilac tree. nothing ever ate them. the only time i saw them change by animal action was when a deer stepped on them. the deer wouldn't even touch them when starving in the middle of the winter... (they'd rather eat a cedar tree)...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Getting close....
20220726_171855.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now that I know how to make onion rings and if all goes well, I'm going to do more from second onion pull.

Onion rings bagged and back in the deep freezer.
IMG_20220728_121657366.jpg

@farmerjan I think it would be good to dust some batter mix over the wax paper. Some of the rings stuck to the wax paper pretty well.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
at that stage they're good for giving away or using as a self-defence implement. i know some people actually do use them, but i wouldn't. similar to how i would treat those huge cucumbers that got missed when picking. if i didn't want to save them for seeds i'd pick them and then toss them under the lilac tree where they'd sit the rest of the summer and through the winter until next spring. eventually they'd rot and provide fertlizer for the lilac tree. nothing ever ate them. the only time i saw them change by animal action was when a deer stepped on them. the deer wouldn't even touch them when starving in the middle of the winter... (they'd rather eat a cedar tree)...
They are good cut in half, seeds scooped out and replaced with spaghetti sauce topped with butter. Then wrap in aluminum foil bake until fork tender. Then unwrap and top with mozzarella and return to oven until mozzarella is melted. 😋

more butter, more better.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
They are good cut in half, seeds scooped out and replaced with spaghetti sauce topped with butter. Then wrap in aluminum foil bake until fork tender. Then unwrap and top with mozzarella and return to oven until mozzarella is melted. 😋

more butter, more better.

Ground Italian sausage!