Reaction score
Lemon Boy
20220728_182555-jpg.3203582
Colorado Star
20220728_182736-jpg.3203583

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter .... thank you VERY MUCH for the detailed instructions... I needed them. Looking forward to trying it in the near future when I pull some of mine... Most will get braided and hung for future use...but I intend to try the onion rings....
No problem at all FJ, glad I could help. The breading is nothing fancy at all, it lets the onion flavor through unaltered. I'm not a fan of gritty battered rings (corn meal/bread crumbs/sand 😂) Seasoned rings are ever more undesirable, even if they are smooth breaded. I guess I'm kind of like you, I just like to taste the food that I'm eating and not a bunch of spices to hide the flavor, simple is best for me.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mowing went well enough. i've not had to do the entire task myself since last summer or the summer before so i wasn't sure how my body would react, but i survived. :) 2 hrs and 20 minutes. time for lunch, shower and then i'll see if i'm up for more puttering around today or if i'd rather just take it easy some more. hmm... we'll see... :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finally got to garden - first time in a month. It was not in as bad of shape as I expected. I weeded out the area I plan to plant for a fall garden. Not much grew this year, so my intention is keeping the weeds down to make next year better. Maybe off some ground squirrels so they dont eat all my seed again. 😡

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I finally got to garden - first time in a month. It was not in as bad of shape as I expected. I weeded out the area I plan to plant for a fall garden. Not much grew this year, so my intention is keeping the weeds down to make next year better. Maybe off some ground squirrels so they dont eat all my seed again. 😡
If you can fence it off... you could stick chickens in it to get it cleaned up.

The years I grow out a bunch of cockerels I put them in the veggie garden. It isn't a very secure pen.... but they are cockerels, so I don't care. They do a great job of digging through soil, eating all grubs, killing all vegetation....

Latest posts