What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked a few things, cherry tomatoes coming on. Yellow squash waning, zukes going strong. Really need to find some time to weed and get beets planted
Look what my granddaughter picked for me. It's was sweet, just like I remember how fresh green beans tastes. Yes I eat it raw in two bites 😋
IMG_20220731_154339167.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not working in the garden today. Might spray for bugs later this evening, if it cools off some. We are under another heat warning until Wednesday evening, plus a severe storm risk. I really don't want to take a sweat shower, if I can help it.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Watered because the rain we got last night didn't even make the ground wet!

Picked 18 ears of sweet corn, will est some fresh and freeze some. Youngest has 2 loose teeth to come out, hopefully it helps.

Picking and drying mint tomorrow. Will also pull some onions to go with cucumbers I picked- cucumber and onion on bread with mayo! Add a fresh tomato and yum.

We are in a heat warning too, heat index of 102 tomorrow

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! It almost took me forever to catch up,lol
You guys are amazing!
Done with the lettuce but those things are still growing up,lol pulled a few and threw them to the ducklings today. Have been not too healthy the past few days. HBP and a few dizzy spells, and coughing a lot especially at night. Then the darn "shopping bag" that have me gaging day and night. Just do not want surgery because it will have to be throughout a hole on my neck. I have a zenker's diverticulitis in my throat that I call "shopping bag" where saliva or food fills it and then it comes back to choke me.

Anyways, the grass and the chair are still there,lol Tried the tiller, too high for that. Tried the weeder, it all went all over to include the eas bed,argh those things will begin growing in there, I bet. Went to a few places to find old broken boxes to lay them down.
Found my PR calabaza seeds but not sure if I can plant them or wait until next spring. I know pumpkins grow for October but since they are the tropical pumpkins, I am afraid

The onions are coming up some but my bunching onions are kind of stuck. Just a few hairs up. However, the tomatoe plants are almost full of green tomatoes as well as some peppers. I think 2 of them are kind of reddish. Have no clue how or when to harvest peppers. The head lettuce is still growing but seem like leave lettuce. Do not see them like a head forming in the center. Darn, I wish I had been born into a farming family! But I am sure that God knows how it ends and I hope I can do half of what you guys do. I just wish to do this to learn and give to others since I do not eat none of it.
Do I still have time to do beans? Like red,black,pink beans? If so, what's the best trellises for them? The Florida Weave is barely holding the tomatoes plants which are almost 5ft tall.
Oh, and the Broccoli still no Broccoli, lol
20220730_100124.jpg20220730_100043.jpg20220730_095704.jpg20220730_095800.jpg20220730_100015.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Watered because the rain we got last night didn't even make the ground wet!

Picked 18 ears of sweet corn, will est some fresh and freeze some. Youngest has 2 loose teeth to come out, hopefully it helps.

Picking and drying mint tomorrow. Will also pull some onions to go with cucumbers I picked- cucumber and onion on bread with mayo! Add a fresh tomato and yum.

We are in a heat warning too, heat index of 102 tomorrow
How do you dry mint or oregano?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use a dehydrator because we have too much humidity to do it hanging here. I miss being able to try herbs in 6 to 8 hours at Mom's house just hanging under the patio awning.