What did you do in your garden today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I have a small amount of asparagus I chop up some bacon, get it frying, go out and pick the asparagus, rinse the sand off and bring it in the house.

Next I cut the asparagus into pieces and add to the bacon. It gets cooked for about a minute and then I crack eggs over all oft. Salt and pepper on the eggs, break the eggs up and cook until done. A side of buttered toast is nice too.
That sounds delicious!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Very interesting read here 👍 https://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/beef/3004/16638
Screenshot_20220505-164156.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do I see some aphids and aphid damage on the peppers? Still going strong though, look great!

Took me awhile... to figure out that old glory meant the flag... not old morning glories... since we were talking gardening, and they love to climb on fence posts. :lol: the flag though..... as long as it is up there sturdy... so it doesn't fall over etc.. I see nothing wrong with sticking it up all over.
Flea Beatles - common around here they attack the lower leaves. I never treat for them because the plants always outgrow them. The flea beatles can't get to anything but the lower leaves. Now if I plant egg plant the flea beatles would devour the young plant in a day. But peppers and tomatoes always out grow them. The only treatment I know of for flea beatles is seven and I don't like to use seven at all. I don't even have any seven, so I can't use it 😂

More info https://extension.umn.edu/yard-and-garden-insects/flea-beetles#using-insecticides-3089113

Morning glory, they grow wild here and are basicly a weed for us, same with passion fruit. Yes Old Glory ---> 🇺🇸 :)

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
For me, the clean up of stuff off the netting was killer!! Bring you any memories?🤔

when i used the cotton yarn it was destroyed enough by the end of the first season that i just cut it all down and buried it. that was quite a bit faster than trying to get the bean vines off a wire fence.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked a couple more of the golden zucchini this morning. Got 3 more t-posts pounded in for trellis building. Picked collards again and have them in the crockpot. I think they'll go straight to the freezer after cooking. We've eaten a lot of collards lately... Love them so gonna make sure there is more to enjoy later. They're like the plant that keeps on giving.