What did you do in your garden today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was too late to get special wheat variety seeds. Whoops. I was able to order barley, sorghum, and BOSS. I could my organic wheat berries. They sprout nicely. :D I have no idea if they are spring or winter wheat variety, but heck, we'll find out. It should suppress weeds either way?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kinda unusual for your area isn't it?
Yes, it really is. Was only 3" each week but, rare....especially the repeats. :idunno It doesn't freeze ground much...a couple inches, max. But winds and cold gave me 2" of ice on big tubs..150 gal ones...smaller tubs, top and down sides! Not my liking.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Still not able to even see the garden but I did place an order. NOPE not seeds, why that would be silly. I placed an order for 20 strawberry 1 yr old bareroots. Michigan Bulb was having a BOGO for 99cents on select items, one of those was strawberries (they just knew I would bite!), so I got 20 bareroots for $8. Add that to the other 10 I had ordered through them a month ago and the 30 that I pre-ordered through the local nursery this fall and yep I might just have a problem, lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Still not able to even see the garden but I did place an order. NOPE not seeds, why that would be silly. I placed an order for 20 strawberry 1 yr old bareroots. Michigan Bulb was having a BOGO for 99cents on select items, one of those was strawberries (they just knew I would bite!), so I got 20 bareroots for $8. Add that to the other 10 I had ordered through them a month ago and the 30 that I pre-ordered through the local nursery this fall and yep I might just have a problem, lol
wow, nice sale! I'm jealous! I don't think I will try dormant strawberry plants again, I've never had success with them. I hope to score some clearance plants from a nursery this summer.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Could you please provide a link? I'm "thrifty" 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wow, nice sale! I'm jealous! I don't think I will try dormant strawberry plants again, I've never had success with them. I hope to score some clearance plants from a nursery this summer.
I have only ever done dormant strawberries, so I don't know any different. I can set some runners for ya ;)