What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal I'd be inclined to pull aside, plant, pull back and keep as mulch...it maybe pretty composted under there. 🤷. Here, I see ground!! :lol: And it's diggable. So tilling is my goal before too long.

In fact, we're having about 5 days of sunshine and 58-62! I know, rub it in! But I'm thinking I might LOOK at the garden area while I get seed started. It's a desired plan. May happen. Needs to happen. Would be a great time to disc but that's pushing it probably. Too many other things need attention first in this round of good weather.

Several young trees and low limbs were cut by DD -- at my request with her batt chain saw -- and that all needs piled, trimmed, burned. Etc. Pastures clean up stuff. First to do. Been a month since done but, bad weather, winds prevented.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
baby cabbages started inside. I''ve got 9 seasons out of this three tier seedling table so far 👍

IMG_20220208_225201425_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom gave up one of the last of the baked potato squash I took her to one of my uncles. He loved it. I may actually need to plant even more of them than planned. Good thing I have plenty of chicken litter to put down.

I could start tilling the garden. It's been unusually dry. Just not sure my lungs could handle much. But I could try one strip a day until it's done.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mom gave up one of the last of the baked potato squash I took her to one of my uncles. He loved it. I may actually need to plant even more of them than planned. Good thing I have plenty of chicken litter to put down.

I could start tilling the garden. It's been unusually dry. Just not sure my lungs could handle much. But I could try one strip a day until it's done.
Tiny bits at a time will hopefully be doable

:fl

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you use a grow light? Or natural?
There are three 4' long 2 bulb florescent fixtures on each shelf. Each fixture has one 8000k and the other is 5500K florescent bulb. These are good for growth but not good for flowering. which is what I'm after, because the seedlings will be transplanted into the garden. I'll get a picture of the seed table for you

Each shelf will hold 4 72 cell flats. It's coolest on the bottom shelf so that's where i have the onions and cabbages.
IMG_20220211_220013829.jpg

Light fixture height is simple hook and chain adjustment.
IMG_20220211_220031642.jpg

This seed table is one of the more practical things I've built. Just make sure the shelves are level because you have to water the seedlings and if not level then water is not equally distributed in the trays.

Edit... Sorry my memory is not as good as it used to be. The bulbs are 6500K and 8000K I saved the packages incase I have to replace bulbs.
IMG_20220211_221357180.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I absolutely MUST get some seed in some dirt!!! It's time. I need a kick in my butt! :lol: