What did you do in your garden today?

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh! Thank you mini horses and CC. Most of the reactions are gone but my throat still hurts and swelling is still here. This is from last night as I sent pic to my sister. She is now concerned about the edemas on feet and my sugar. She is diabetic and my other brother is type 2 diabetic. So apple never falls far View attachment 22665
I'm not sure where this story started, so I'll butt in, here, if that's ok.
As far as sugar - an excellent supplement to take daily, is Ceylon cinnamon. It helps regulate sugar. You can get capsules to swallow, or ground cinnamon to add to foods - but it must be Ceylon. 1/2 tsp. daily is good.

My DH suffers from poor circulation. He also wears the special socks. But - I bought this for him and it REALLY helps! Then my BIL bought them for himself because they help my DH. He liked them so much that he bought them for my dad.

Something to consider. Feel better! xox

Screenshot_20230212-144323_Brave.jpg

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I started some tomatoes in my AeroGarden. I realize I'm early, but the plan is to transplant them when they're medium-sized seedlings, into small pots - so I can free up the AeroGarden for more starts. Probably dill and basil.
I also have a growing "domed-bin, of sorts" that I'll start some cabbage and broccoli in, when the time is right. I've never grown cabbage or broccoli, though. So... 🤞

I want a greenhouse, so badly

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like my onion seed...but, still in pkgs here. 😁. I bought smaller pkgs, 110 seed but only $1 each. Got red, yellow a yellow sweet Spanish. That's way more than enough. Lotta extra squashes this yr, winter types, will store and use as feed treats to animals. Same with pumpkins.

I'll need several days a wk at home just to garden and can :ep

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like my onion seed...but, still in pkgs here. 😁. I bought smaller pkgs, 110 seed but only $1 each. Got red, yellow a yellow sweet Spanish. That's way more than enough. Lotta extra squashes this yr, winter types, will store and use as feed treats to animals. Same with pumpkins.

Pumpkin is cattle crack, they go nuts over pumpkin chunks. About like chickens and watermelon 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the way chickens can clean a watermelon out and leave the thinnest, perfect rind ever. I couldn't scrape it better. 🤣🤣
I took a 1/2 one farm babe scooped out with a spoon and filled it with water. Put in in with the turkeys..Only thing left was the thin skin just like you said. 🤣

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our last average frost date is April 15 which is about 60 days or about 8 1/2 weeks from today. So I best be starting peppers here next week, since they are slow to germinate. Then after a week or two start tomatoes. Peppers and tomatoes don't do well once set out in the garden unless night time temps remain 50 or above. If I can, I prefer to get them set out in the garden a little early anyways.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

I see in your future more squashmingos,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gurney's will send the onion, garlic,carrots, and potatoes on March 12. I have no clue if the onions are sets or seed.
Tomorrow will finish the posts and once I get the claws will begin wrapping the garden. Debating on tilling before or after the fencing go up. Will make doors with pallet wood from the back wide enough to get anything in and out.
I am moving the ducks but don't know if I should leave the inside house for meat chickens or use it as a green house. 🤔
I will call the electric company to see if I can tap from the pole in the back of the house to put electricity in there. It would be bigger than the green house I bought. All I have to do is change the 4mil plastic to the 10 mil which will keep more heat inside. Any thoughts or advise?