What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
White Sweet Spanish (summer onions) are up. Red Ruby and Yellow Sweet Spanish are poking up but need another day or two under the humidity dome.
IMG_20230213_142825886.jpg

Probably will sow peppers later this evening or tomorrow.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got a couple more rows lined with feed sacks and heavy hay mulch on top. Those paper sacks will block all the weeds before breaking down so that the poopy hay can do its job of feeding the soil. Nature will be in balance and all will be well.

LOL!! As if the weeds will give up that easily! :lol:

A gal can dream...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i normally don't feed the birdies but someone gave us a box of cereal that we could not eat nor would we pass it along to someone else (too much perfume smell got in it) so i took that and spread it out on the grassy area to the north to see if the birds would eat it. i also sprinkled some melon seeds (i had nearly a quart container full so i only put out half of them). i didn't see much bird action out there until just towards evening when a pair of cardinals (male bright red and the female more blendy in colors) were poking around where the seeds and cereal were at.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Red Ruby onions are up, so I can remove the humidity dome and place on a lower shelf.
IMG_20230214_172725762.jpg

Yellow Sweet Spanish need a little more time under the warmth of the florescent ballasts and humidity dome. Probably tomorrow morning they will be up also.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did squat today. Went to get hair colored and came back to gather 5 ducks. Took them to a neighbor up the road. Came back and showered because had duck poop all over. Hub asked me out to dinner and just got back. It was nice for a change. But told him that it was too late in the game. I am on my side of the house,so full,lol ready to go to bed,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is there a special light to put when I start the seeds? I see a light on CC pictures. I found stripes of grow lights on Amazon and wonder if I should get it. I do have 2 heat pads but which seeds will need them?

Screenshot_20230215_083955.jpg