The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
https://pdi.scinet.usda.gov/phzm/vm/WA150.jpg

WA150.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looked up where they use for ours. 12 miles away, 200 ft lower and in town. They use nearest climate station which really isnt that useful with the drastic elevation changes.

Same reason I have to take weather from Kapowsin and not Graham. Kapowsin is same elevation and closer to us. Graham's forecast tends to be for Puyallup valley at the worst or Thun Field at the best, depending on where you're getting it. At least Thun Field is same elevation and close to Graham. Much better than the weather things that only use Seatac for the entire west side of Washington.

Same We are almost to Holly not Seabeck

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We too dont have a long growing season and with all of the rain a lot of stuff just drowns,
but the cold weather crops do good- I mostly grow, what does well for my area
I'm on a sand dune. We don't get much rain. Supplemental water and fertilizer is a requirement. Sand lets the nutrients move through very fast.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do some research on the Internet. The information is out there that it is not good to add clay to sand. They are correct. That mixture makes it like cement when the clay swells.

you're ignoring what i said again. good luck, etc...

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's amazing! I wouldn't expect sprouts for at least a week. An overachiever there. 🤣

A though to do a light till this weekend had entered my mind early week -- 2" of rain coming will stall that. It's ok. Still early for it, so no biggie. 😊

Haven't started ANY seed. Just looking at the packages. :lol:
You are so ahead of me. Box still sealed,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh! Thank you mini horses and CC. Most of the reactions are gone but my throat still hurts and swelling is still here. This is from last night as I sent pic to my sister. She is now concerned about the edemas on feet and my sugar. She is diabetic and my other brother is type 2 diabetic. So apple never falls far IMG_20230210_114141_01.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is there a special light to put when I start the seeds? I see a light on CC pictures. I found stripes of grow lights on Amazon and wonder if I should get it. I do have 2 heat pads but which seeds will need them?

Screenshot_20230215_083955.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@CC You sound like an electrician, lol I have not a clue and wouldn't dare try anything you said, 😉
I have a metal shelf thingy to put the seeds after planting but not sure if I will need to add light. Some places say that when planting seeds, some may need 12-16 hrs of light. Since I am not good at planting, I thought of light. Jeez, I need to get good classes on this,lol
None of the seed packets tell me about providing light. I am so confused now, 😕

I also found these grow lights as well. The wattage has an importance, I think 🤔
1676479000095.png

Latest posts