What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Im in Washington near Tacoma. We needed to be near a base when hubby retired.

Family is mostly in Hermiston and Stanfield. Yes that's close to Pendleton. It's where I grew up. The two Walchli farms were my two great Uncles' places. Great aunts are still around. Watermelons are a big deal
You may know the Olson's. He was a teacher and his wife an admin at the school district for Umatilla County or Herminston, not sure. So long ago.

Dang, world is so small.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
planted peas and my early possible beans. :) peas are late and this is the latest i've planted the early beans in several years, but i do like to have some early fresh beans. both are usually well worth it.

i have to be sure to keep an eye on the moisture levels since i don't have a hose out yet for the gardens and besides that the faucet on the back of the house isn't working so we'll need that replaced. :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Then by the time I was doing that, hubby came out and with the hoe he made a line. So I put the Roma tomatoes. Only 8 plants. I over did it last year with 25,lol.

25 is for sure too many if you only want a few.

Found a piece of cattle wire and put it up as trellis for the beans I got from @flowerbug.

i didn't send any climbing beans.

if any do start climbing they are an off-type and you can cull them or let them go depending upon what you want to do...

the peas might get 2-3ft tall.

The green onions and getting a cone thingy on the top. Would that be a flower?

yes. the bees adore onion flowers.
:)