What did you do in your garden today?

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I do understand having family that are bigots. My dad and that side of my family disowned me because I had 2 boys with a man that wasn't white. My oldest is 24 and nobody on my dads side has ever wanted to see them. My dad and grandmother both died did not see there grandchildren and only reason I know there died was I googled there names

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz I have a guess on which lovely lady you are but what if I am wrong.....lol

Nothing in the garden, it is at a standstill. Not much left to harvest but strawberries and raspberries in the big garden and carrot and lettuce in the boxes on the deck. I will be covering their hoops with plastic today and tomorrow to make low tunnels, hopefully it keeps the frost out. Should I lay a light towel over top just in case? Or will the plastic be enough?
I will give only 3 hints. I am wearing black, wearing boots, and wearing glasses.
:lol: :lol: ;):lol::lol:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
https://pdi.scinet.usda.gov/phzm/vm/WA150.jpg

WA150.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looked up where they use for ours. 12 miles away, 200 ft lower and in town. They use nearest climate station which really isnt that useful with the drastic elevation changes.

Same reason I have to take weather from Kapowsin and not Graham. Kapowsin is same elevation and closer to us. Graham's forecast tends to be for Puyallup valley at the worst or Thun Field at the best, depending on where you're getting it. At least Thun Field is same elevation and close to Graham. Much better than the weather things that only use Seatac for the entire west side of Washington.

Same We are almost to Holly not Seabeck

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We too dont have a long growing season and with all of the rain a lot of stuff just drowns,
but the cold weather crops do good- I mostly grow, what does well for my area
I'm on a sand dune. We don't get much rain. Supplemental water and fertilizer is a requirement. Sand lets the nutrients move through very fast.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do some research on the Internet. The information is out there that it is not good to add clay to sand. They are correct. That mixture makes it like cement when the clay swells.

you're ignoring what i said again. good luck, etc...