What did you do in your garden today?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife did a nice job on selecting her herbs. Bought just a bit too much, but it will be fine. She has really taken ownership of the herb garden.

Just might get her outside more and moving around.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
picked through most of what was left of the strawberry patch and weeded a little too. no way was i getting all the weeds and some of the strawberries will be there for next time but i'm suspecting i may not pick again as i really need to get the rest of the gardens planted ASAP and the weather may not be cooperating too much.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't think this can help any but @flowerbug if he has any poultry or cattle but found it and though might give an idea of where the bird flu has been found so far.
20240603_221602.jpg

Long day today. Early to have my hair done while hub stopped by to get rid of dead mice in the traps that were running a party every night on the chicken run. So far, have not seen any more.
Then got home for a quick nap and head out to get some stuff and headed to my Bible group. Back home by 9pm so nothing got done outside. Tomorrow will be another busy day since I just completed my CPR online course and tomorrow afternoon will be the practice part. In the morning need to go south to Muskegon to pay some bills and take care of a graduate who used to be my student since 3rd grade. Time flew cause she just graduated HS. But need to make some room to meet the hub and get that tiller in the trailer and head to the ACE in the neighbor to see if they tell me how to get it started. The rest of the week will be busy but not as much.
I did notice that will need to straighten 2 more plants of tomatoes and the beans germinated :ya:weee

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not as long day but still busy. Told the CPR instructor that I would volunteer to be the dummy laying for the 4 hrs and catch my regular nap. She said no, so didn't get a nap today.
A few silly drops of rain this morning but not enough so I just watered them some.
Trailer hitched to put the new tiller and go to Ace hardware to see if anyone can teach me how to start that thing. Then after lunch I have a Bible study. Hopefully I can do my assignment early in the morning or at least read to find what it is about,lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sure got rain....way more than a decent watering. 30-45 min slamming left 2.02"
:ep

More rains tomorrow. Hope it's gentle and less volume :old
It's been wet so far this year, i'm rather enjoying it myself. I've already got my farmers tan this year, so i'm good to go 👍 I make sure to get my farmers tan as early as possible and keep it as long as possible, I do enjoy the sun.

The first grape vine has reached the top of the grow tube and is just a few inches shy of the bottom fruiting wire. It'll probably reach it and latch on with its tentacles tomorrow. The best part... I've only watered those vines one time, the day after I planted them 😀. Now I need to find those kniffen system establishment pruning instructions so I can train the grapes right the first time.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Picked the last of the radishes and weeded out the first bed. Forgot the goodness of the dirt therapy vibes. Six meetings today, met with some folks multiple times on different subjects. What extrovert energy I had was drained at the end of the day.

Everything is now up as far as I can tell.

I am guessing a deer nosed in the herb bed. Nothing eaten, but dirt moved around. Have a cage around that bed now too. Made a dent in filling up the potato bed, covering the plants.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, if it's not one thing, must be another. Got up finally slowly and studied some. Then it was time for mayhem. Hubby came and both lifted the tiller and put it in my tiny trailer. He mentioned the chainsaw, so it got a free ride and went to the hardware store. There is this kid [40...yo] and he checked the tiller and flushed the carburetor. OMG! The best sound of 600 bucks was finally heard! I bought it 2yrs ago but never used it and hub put gas on it and just sat there. But it runs like a 600baby, lol
Then he checked the chainsaw and it just needed oil to moisture the chain. Now that is one tool I admit to be afraid or respectful off. Hub can't pull the cable and I can. Told him if he makes a way to stabilize it on a small table, I will turn it on . Otherwise, I will hate and accident with that thing. I can change light switches without turning off the main box but the chainsaw is a complete different monkey.
Thendroppedeveryrhing home to rush to finish my red cross class and then back south to the another city for my class at church. Therefore nothing done and since it was raining on and off most of the day, I just stayed inside working on crochet for my next market on the 11th.
Tomorrow will be a bit easier.