What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Almost anything is disgusting when cooked wrong. Let me guess--slimy, stringy, and tasteless with a hint of bitter.
Well, that first time was all mushy but went to the old people lunch at a town near by and tried them again. This time they were not mushy yet didn't like it. Back to a napkin as soon as possible. Lived 61yrs without them, I can do 10 more and not miss them.

Missed the breakfast today but got me some sleep. Then got some compost and 7 wheel burrows later, had fill 2 water tanks with it. Tomorrow God willing, will use the tiller to clean some and add compost to the tomatoes and peppers. The corn on the bed is growing nicely. But my boo-boo corn all I see is grass.
Right next to the yucky thin asparagus tree there's a tiny asparagus, lol Will pic tomorrow to post.

Will check that chainsaw at harbor freight also.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, that first time was all mushy but went to the old people lunch at a town near by and tried them again. This time they were not mushy yet didn't like it. Back to a napkin as soon as possible. Lived 61yrs without them, I can do 10 more and not miss them.

haha! for someone who doesn't much like vegetables i'd never expect them to like asparagus or okra, let alone overcooked asparagus.

asparagus i can eat close to any form other than the hard wood old stems or too mature other growth. my preference is for it to be warmed just through and put a bit of butter on it. i will also eat it raw in small amounts as i'm prepping to cook it further. Mom tends to put it in mushroom soup so it gets cooked to mush in that, but i don't mind it too much. i'm just not that picky if i'm hungry enough...

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is the Pic of the asparagus
20240607_115502.jpg
20240607_115507.jpg
Some beans are coming.20240607_115606.jpg
Still no idea what is corn if any,lol
20240607_115710.jpg
The 600 machine did not impressed me at all. Hard to push needless to say turn. Still will have to go over lots of time to get that crab grass out.
20240607_115617.jpg
So picked the trimmer and took it to the ground, literally. I ate dust today,lol
20240607_164028.jpg
Clean, weeded, and tuned the peppers and tomatoes and hub brought me some metal towers perfect to hold a 2x4 with an extension to tie the tomatoes as they grow
20240607_164047.jpg20240607_164042.jpg
Did a full 9-5 with only water. I am starving. Rice in the cooker, ready to shower [not naked yet but texting], some food and watch episode 2 of season 4 of the chosen 😄 👍 👌 😉 😜

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Weeding! We had quite a few rainy days in a row and the weed got a head start.

Only 2 green bean plants survived DS17's hoeing 😵‍💫

Something was eating pea plants, so DH hooked up the electric fence. He said he wouldn't fix the fence this year, but he loves fresh garden peas!

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Was able to walk again this morning since Sunday evening. My knew got swelled up like stuffed pig. Checked and watered the garden. No sign of corn growing yet, 😢 Everything else it's there. Nothing got washed away. But something was chewing on the strawberries.
Had a market today and it went well. Hub came and helped me set up, watched, help customers, and take down. Did pretty good and gave him 40 dollars. He said no but I insisted.next time, I will be submissive as the Bible say and give him nothing, lol