What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Dreamz I can't, for the life of me, pull the chainsaw cord! So got rid of that and bought a battery op one. It's lighter to handle and finer for the jobs I need it for. 😁

Today -- I've promised myself to get the posts & CPs moved/installed for my tomatoes & pole beans! Had planned for couple days ago but sudden, extreme rain cell changed that. Most plants are back upright but tomatoes are at the " better stake me up" stages!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FB went out to harbor freight and bought an electric chainsaw for trimming when she mows.

I was skeptical when I put it together. But in all honesty it works pretty well and is great for limbs which is why she purchased it. It's lightweight, no gas or cord to pull just push a button. It has a 10" bar and with the 5Ah battery, it lasts a good amount of time before you have to recharge the battery or put in a fresh charged battery.

Screenshot_20240606_101027_Brave.jpg

P.S. Any chainsaw is DANGEROUS. A chainsaw knows no difference between wood and flesh. I explained all the safety precautions to FB, and even gave her a test, on proper operation. The same as I did my boys when they were younger. She got bit the third time she used it. This made me sad 😔 but her gash healed and she still uses it carefully.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like that it stops when you let off button!

They're pretty tough and we cut small trees. DD bought one several yrs ago and pd a fortune but, let her cut up logs to put in her splitter. Firewood! They're way cheaper now!

I often have to cut limbs & small trees. Found this 12" on sale at Lowe's and she works there, so got a 10% discount. Don't use a lot but love having it to be able to use when needed.....without a borrow or ask another to come do. And no worry with gas, etc.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
planted a few beans this morning and then weeded the rest of the gardens that i still need to plant with beans until i couldn't do any more. called it a day. tomorrow will be burying some garden debris and then planting as many beans as i can get done. i hope to be done by Mondayish but we'll see how that goes...

on to tomorrow... :)