What did you do in your garden today?

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's almost enough for asparagus on toast for one person. I'd hoard it and eat it myself.

Well actually I don't have to as hubby doesn't like it because he didn't grow up eating it. We had a lot of asparagus for one of our meal veggies as it was free growing up.
When I have a small amount of asparagus I chop up some bacon, get it frying, go out and pick the asparagus, rinse the sand off and bring it in the house.

Next I cut the asparagus into pieces and add to the bacon. It gets cooked for about a minute and then I crack eggs over all of it. Salt and pepper on the eggs, break the eggs up and cook until done. A side of buttered toast is nice too.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I have a small amount of asparagus I chop up some bacon, get it frying, go out and pick the asparagus, rinse the sand off and bring it in the house.

Next I cut the asparagus into pieces and add to the bacon. It gets cooked for about a minute and then I crack eggs over all oft. Salt and pepper on the eggs, break the eggs up and cook until done. A side of buttered toast is nice too.
That sounds delicious!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My garden pales in comparison to FEM's. So much rain this spring makes it difficult to work in and plants to grow in. Still got a lot more planting todo. But... FEM's pictures make me happy and are encouragement - so thanks FEM 👍

50 foot rows. 1 beets, 2 onions, 3 cabbages, 3 tomatoes, 2 green beans, 4 peppers. Not even 1/2 way planted yet, still so much more Todo. I want to get on it but I have to wait for the rain rain rain and more rain to stop and dry out some first. It will happen, I just have to be patient 🙂
IMG_20220505_115012437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220505_115108881_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Moved a bunch of pavers, bricks, rocks and cement slabs out of the way so the excavator people can get the culvert replaced. he said he's going to dig out the entire thing to slope it so that it drains right (something it's never done since they put the first culvert in).

it only took me a few hours to get the job finished up, but i'm so out of shape i sure felt it. hard part is that it was all on a slippery slope and we've had enough rain that the ditch still has water in it so i was trying to not slide into the ditch the whole time and having to carry all that stuff out of the way or throwing it to the other side where i could move it from a bit easier. throw two have one roll back in the water, etc.

then i came back inside and took a nap. :)

the best part was rescueing a big nightcrawler - i took it and loosened up some dirt in a garden and put it in there so it could start a new home. the other fun part was seeing a green worm, they're so strange looking.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Would it be wrong to fly smaller old glories from the corner posts of our garden? I don't know much about flag ediquiate.

What's this? I just set them out Saturday:ep I guess they didn't miss a beat 👍

Deep planted Banana Pepper
IMG_20220505_170141991_HDR.jpg

Deep planted Bell pepper
IMG_20220505_170207411_HDR.jpg

Trench planted Tomato
IMG_20220505_170349376_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Would it be wrong to fly smaller old glories from the corner posts of our garden? I don't know much about flag ediquiate.

What's this? I just set them out Saturday:ep I guess they didn't miss a beat 👍

Deep planted Banana Pepper
View attachment 18847

Deep planted Bell pepper
View attachment 18848

Trench planted Tomato
View attachment 18849

Do I see some aphids and aphid damage on the peppers? Still going strong though, look great!

Took me awhile... to figure out that old glory meant the flag... not old morning glories... since we were talking gardening, and they love to climb on fence posts. :lol: the flag though..... as long as it is up there sturdy... so it doesn't fall over etc.. I see nothing wrong with sticking it up all over.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I weeded this evening. I'm still digging out quackgrass roots. (endless!) DS15 appeared to weed :gig DH rototilled the section I gave up on weeding, again, since it was growing back and I hadn't gotten to it yet. Then DH and DS7 planted a row of peas.