What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
For me, the clean up of stuff off the netting was killer!! Bring you any memories?🤔

when i used the cotton yarn it was destroyed enough by the end of the first season that i just cut it all down and buried it. that was quite a bit faster than trying to get the bean vines off a wire fence.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
when i used the cotton yarn it was destroyed enough by the end of the first season that i just cut it all down and buried it. that was quite a bit faster than trying to get the bean vines off a wire fence.
My Oma had beans climb up rough poles... poles set up like a teepee.

Bush beans and shorter stuff... you use 2 poles... strings are tied to the pole every maybe 3 inches... put one pole on the end of the rows... so a fence.

BUT, since it is a homemade string fence... End of season, untie strings from one pole. Go to second pole, roll it so the strings get wrapped around the pole. Thin strings pull relatively easily out of the pile of vines and bushes. Some snags... but not too bad.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked a couple more of the golden zucchini this morning. Got 3 more t-posts pounded in for trellis building. Picked collards again and have them in the crockpot. I think they'll go straight to the freezer after cooking. We've eaten a lot of collards lately... Love them so gonna make sure there is more to enjoy later. They're like the plant that keeps on giving.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big rain yesterday, so today I looked at the garden from outside the fence. I did cut some landscape fabric circles, made some landscape staples and stapled it around the grapes. Planted two more blueberry bushes. Looked at the blackberries covered up with flowers, Thanked Almighty, said a prayer, hope they make blackberries. Did a little pruning on the fruit trees. Again looked at all the tiny fruit (apples, pears, peaches), thanked Almighty and prayed they all grow and ripen.

Jesue is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Three days of rain....going at it now, again. Middle of night but, I hear it. So I have plants to get out there!!! Once it dries enough. 🤔. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant. And seed to get in the ground! Corn. Limas. Beets, squash and zucs ... Up from direct sow.
Hopefully this week it will be doable. :idunno