What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My seed order is in from Victory Seeds. I did a little research and Anaheim peppers are a mild variety of chile pepper typically used in Mexican and Southwestern cooking. Victory had them so that's what I ordered. Now the fun begins using Clyde's Garden Planner to determine when to sow the seeds indoors to transplant later.

Read Victory's Mission. And Work Then.you'll understand why they are my favorite seed company.
IMG_20220120_202356648~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the biggest Ailsa Craig that I grew. I was not impressed with them.
View attachment 18068

Never had anything bigger than yours, tried several seasons. I "think" you need to find a good seed supplier and go heavy handed on the nitrogen to grow the whopper ones.

I'm done chasing fantasy onions, going with tried and true White and Yellow Sweet Spanish Onions this year.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My seed order is in from Victory Seeds. I did a little research and Anaheim peppers are a mild variety of chile pepper typically used in Mexican and Southwestern cooking. Victory had them so that's what I ordered. Now the fun begins using Clyde's Garden Planner to determine when to sow the seeds indoors to transplant later.

Read Victory's Mission. And Work Then.you'll understand why they are my favorite seed company.
View attachment 18106

Anaheims are my favorite. I prefer them over Bells for cooking. No real heat on them truly. Well I don't think there is. Hubby says they do get spots.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anaheims are my favorite. I prefer them over Bells for cooking. No real heat on them truly. Well I don't think there is. Hubby says they do get spots.
First time I can recall growing them so we'll see.

These are my favorite sweet peppers, so good... I eat them raw right off the plant.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my plant is to grow some onions for bulbs/eating (the seeds I started this week), and to direct sow seeds in spring for onion sets for the next year.

seeds started early would mean lifting the bulbs in mid-summer and then hold them in storage until next spring. if you plant mid-summer then you have to still harvest and store them, but for a few months shorter.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
seeds started early would mean lifting the bulbs in mid-summer and then hold them in storage until next spring. if you plant mid-summer then you have to still harvest and store them, but for a few months shorter.
The early seeds are intended for this year's harvest, and I plan to direct sow for onion sets. But my plans never seem to work out.