What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wish I could sow seeds outside. It's supposed to drop back down to the 40s this weekend 😩
Hubby says possible snow flurries next week 😭

that is same here, we've got chances of flurries early next week. it's been too windy out the past few days for me to get out much. i'd like to, but i'd also like to keep upright and on the level... :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So while I'm waiting for this new fuel pump to get into the gas tank, I'm working in the garden. It's 71 out there and I'm hoeing, planting and mumbling not nice things. 😬. Planted beets and then limas. After a few hundred feet of dirt, and looking at that Lima bean....I thought. I just bought 2# of ready to cook, frozen baby limas for $1.99. it was so much easier!!!!! 🤨😲😢

Now, I'm all about good, no chems, exercise (within reason), being self sufficient. -- but by golly, those I put in the freezer were so, so, so much faster and easier. :hide :th :old :lol: they're not even ready to sprout and I'm thinking about weeds, picking, etc. Holy cow! No wonder fewer garden. 🤪 :idunno :lol: :lol:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So while I'm waiting for this new fuel pump to get into the gas tank, I'm working in the garden. It's 71 out there and I'm hoeing, planting and mumbling not nice things. 😬. Planted beets and then limas. After a few hundred feet of dirt, and looking at that Lima bean....I thought. I just bought 2# of ready to cook, frozen baby limas for $1.99. it was so much easier!!!!! 🤨😲😢

Now, I'm all about good, no chems, exercise (within reason), being self sufficient. -- but by golly, those I put in the freezer were so, so, so much faster and easier. :hide :th :old :lol: they're not even ready to sprout and I'm thinking about weeds, picking, etc. Holy cow! No wonder fewer garden. 🤪 :idunno :lol: :lol:
It is disheartening!

Which is why picking funky varieties that you can't find in the stores, makes it more rewarding.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farmerseed strawberry seedlings came in. It's raining so I put them in the refrigerator crisper drawer, until maybe tomorrow.

IMG_20220415_101833847.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How'd they look in the bags? Good? Exciting see they came!

Yes Ma'am, they are very good quality. But it's raining so I can't go play in the dirt just yet 😂

Edit...
Also I ordered bear root cherry whips from Starkbros (bing, black tartarian and a montmorency) they came today also. I've got roots soaking until tomorrow morning, when I'll plant them or If the rain would stop, I may plant them this evening.
IMG_20220415_110914426.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

that is why i try to grow beans which have multiple uses as fresh, shelly and dry. with lima beans at least all of them have two uses (shelly and dry). some of the dry beans i grow have only the one use and within those some of them are fairly small so it takes a lot of them to get enough to cook. it's all ok with me. :) but i'm pretty sure i'm a beanaholic so... :)

Latest posts