What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's happening :clap
IMG_20220705_191142984~2.jpg

about time... One row is about to get over run with a tomato wall. Blue Lake sure does take it's time.
IMG_20220705_191129690.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter , if you still have a package from the watermelon, I would contact the company and send pictures... or talk to someone in the extension service... and see if they have ever seen it.... It is interesting. What I have read about the hypertendril trait is in peas mostly....

Had 5 gold ball sized new potatoes, last night, that I stole out of a couple hills of potatoes in the garden....UMM UMM good... little butter, salt and pepper....Then tonight I had the first 2 yellow squash with a little butter and salt.... YAY.....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter , if you still have a package from the watermelon, I would contact the company and send pictures... or talk to someone in the extension service... and see if they have ever seen it.... It is interesting. What I have read about the hypertendril trait is in peas mostly....

Had 5 gold ball sized new potatoes, last night, that I stole out of a couple hills of potatoes in the garden....UMM UMM good... little butter, salt and pepper....Then tonight I had the first 2 yellow squash with a little butter and salt.... YAY.....
Wow nothing compares to new potatoes fresh out of the garden.

hypertendril - something to research... It will be interesting to see what if any melons come from this hill.

I have another oddity but in the squash patch. I believe my neighbor snuck in and sowed some acorn squash, because I know I didn't. It's all good though he's quite the joker, love the guy. Plus acorn is my favorite ๐Ÿ‘ might be his also ๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_20220705_192849853~2.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good girl! I'm hoping my first green bean pick should be enough to cook a pan of them. Ham broth waiting ๐Ÿ˜Š. Won't be long.....next picking, I'll be looking at canning some.

My transplanted banana squash was wilted last night, as expected. But perked up this morning...and overcast some, so sprinkled the bed well to keep them coolish.

My squash are overzealous, as norm....I'm almost tired of them ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฒ. Already sharing! I'll cook up a big batch later, with onions, then freeze for heat and eat. Soon I'll be shredding to freeze. Zuc in dehydrator today, well see how that works. Do more?

Had a big glass of ice cold, fresh goat milk! Waiting for a screw I ordered for my cream separator. This one doe is high butterfat!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife fried up summer squash in lard last night for supper. So good, didn't have to sneak any back this time ๐Ÿ‘. I'm beginning to reach a conclusion. Squash has a mission to end world hunger. Plant some, feed yourself and your neighborhood ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@R2elk nice! I grabbed about 1 gal bag last night and hub had half with corn, salt,pepper,olive oil. The other half is for today.

Then grabbed about 3 gal bags more this morning and gave to the techs that brought me my smart hub,lol
They left like if they had been in the market with lettuce,parsley,basil and doz eggs each. I love to be able to give to others. I want to grow all things to bless others like that.

Smart hub does not fit. 1 inch on top, so cabinet is coming down tonight. And 2 inch on side, so dish washer needs to go,:ya
I have a wine cooler that would like it to go there. I do not have a big family, so when they come, like 4 more, I can do the dishes fine.

Did watered some and put some yarn on a line of tomatoes. Flowers but still no tomatoes yet. Only 3 peppers hanging in there. Broccoli keeps getting taller. Onions, not-didily-squat. :idunno